What do you guys think of this as a workout for Asthetics and General Athletic Performance

Monday Friday
Cardio
Incline Max 17KM/H 10 secs on 50secs off repeat 12 times
Push
3 x 5 Bench Press 65KG
3 x 8-12 Incline Dumbbell Press 20KG
3 x F Cable Side Delt Raises 12KG
3 x 8 Seated Barbell Shoulder Press 40KG
3 x 8 SA Landmine Press 10KG
3 x 8 Plate Switch Push Ups
3 x 8 Med Ball Throw
Tuesday Saturday
Cardio
Incline 6% 14KM/H 30 secs on 30secs off repeat 12 times
Pull
3 x 8 Pull Ups
3 x 8 Chin Ups 2.5KG
3 x 10 Land Min Row 30KG
2 x F Narrow Barbell Bicep Curls 25KG
2 x F Wide Barbell Bicep Curls 25KG
2 x F Wrist Curls 36KG
2 x F Reverse Wrist Curls 36KG
Thursday Sunday
Cardio
30 mins jogging
Legs Abs
3 x 6 Squats 65KG
3 x 6 Deadlift 85KG
3 x 8 Cossack Squats
3 x 20 Calf Raises 60KG
3 x 10 Weighted Box Jumps 60cm 10KG
2 x F Planks
2 x F Leg Raises
2 x F Weighted Sit Ups

@chritianlivingparadise Some good ideas here, but there are important tweaks will be the difference between some of these exercises being worth doing or not worth doing.

——-

TL;DR - For more info I like JT Performance, Nick Leyden, and Angus Bradley, which are all S and C coaches with good instagram content. Particularly look at some of JT Performance’s posts about the high low method, and some rules of thumb.

——-

Exercise order is usually pretty important as a variable, but this goes doubly so for movements where the focus is maximum force production. Eg jumps, throws, explosive lifting, or heavier lifts in lower rep ranges.

For example your med ball slams should be done at the start of your first workout when you are fresh to ensure maximum effort and force output. I would also make sure that you fully understand the exact point of each exercise in the routine. I mention this because landmine press could be either a strength/size movement (in which case it’s just ok), or an explosive upper body + core movement (in which case it’s a lot more useful). If it’s an explosive movement it should be earlier in the workout. If it’s a hypertrophy movement, I’d ditch it and go on a machine.

The other thing I would question is whether it’s worth doing all that in the same workout. The point of doing an athletic training programme is that you can’t practically work on every trainable performance skill 100% optimally. You can (and probably should) work on everything at all times, but some things are going to have to be ok with maintenance volume. This includes your bodybuilding work.

I don’t have a specific comment about whether this actually is too much or not for you. Without having you do the programme we can’t say for sure. But I would carefully consider how much of the bodybuilding work is really necessary. Maybe just 3 sets of incline DB press with a couple of sets of arms and some lat raises at the end would be enough without taking effort away from the important stuff.

Lastly I’d consider a split based on how fresh you need to be for movements. So you’d do explosive work one day, then the next an easy recovery run, stretches, and isolation work like curls and lat raises. Then the next day heavy compound lifts with some loaded jumps and light cardio to finish. this could help make sure you’re not doing so much in one go that you’re going into a different training session run down or sore.