What do you think about this barbell-inspired kettlebell hypertrophy plan?

@missguidedsheep I think the most important thing is the belief in a program and the user thinking it will work, the stimulus doesn't matter all that much compared to the placebo of belief that it will

It's not something I'd run, for example I'd do weighted/band resisted press ups over floor press, but then I don't really like floor press. I'd also do a whole load of chin ups, of which you have none.

And if you want hypertrophy, where's the curls?

@kruise I like this sentiment. I certainly don’t think it’s the most important thing but I absolutely believe it matters. People won’t pour hard effort into things they constantly second guess.

Commit and go for it then assess. Even if you fail you discover something useful.

And yes, curls! There’s so easy to tack on and so wonderful.

@littlebopeek Hey, thanks, that's a good point regarding those two muscle groups. I'll look for what I could do to fill-in.

One caveat for S&S@38kg, I takes me around 10-12min for swings, but for TGU I need longer rests, probably about a minute or so between each rep, so in total I'm not making a 20 minute mark for the whole workout, more like 30-35min. I don't think I could do it in tempo to pass the "challenge" right now.

@missguidedsheep I will say if you are only focused on hypertrophy doing s and s in 30 minutes perhaps shouldn't concern you. But for all round athleticism its easy to neglect one's CV system because its hard (probably much harder than strength training IMO).

Back