AMA: Megan Gallagher AKA MegSquats, creator of Stronger By The Day and Before The Barbell!

@susanedgar37 Just curious what your second favorite lift is? Since squats is #1 of course!

PS - Thank you for SBTD! I hit a 315 deadlift during the test week in October of 2019 before I got pregnant and had a baby. Still one of my all time favorite moments I'm most proud of!

@kentuckyblue You’re my pull up inspiration - I am working, working, working … getting there slowly.

At a family gathering recently my cousin asked me what the secret to my arms was 💪 and I introduced you to her. No questions from me, just thanks.

@susanedgar37 We are so excited to have you here today.

What was your opinion on the whole YLLAM (You Look Like a Man on instagram) debacle? Have you gone through similar experiences?

Also, we all know supplements are very minor compared to hard work and consistency, but what supplements do you recommend for female lifters?

@dynamitex
Also, we all know supplements are very minor compared to hard work and consistency, but what supplements do you recommend for female lifters?

I do own a supplement company, so in this context I'll answer generically and avoid a plug since you can find many of these ingredients and products from other brands.

Creatine and protein are probably the best use of money. You can skip the protein if you're able to hit your protein goal daily with regular food - protein powder just helps you reach it.

I also like Chasteberry (vitex agnus castus) to help with symptoms of PMS. Really interesting research around this, here's the research summary on examine.com.

@dynamitex I'm not sure exactly which debacle you're referring to - but I've definitely had my share of weird comments. I find the YLLAM page to be a fun place to rant and discuss some of the crap we deal with, but overall it can be exhausting to put too much energy into those convos. No shade to that creator obvi - doing the lord's work.

@susanedgar37 Hi Meg! First, THANK YOU, because your videos on YouTube are pretty much the reason I had any little bit of confidence to start lifting with a barbell and then to keep going :D There aren't any other women lifters on YouTube I've come across that explain things so well and who emphasize strength and power over aesthetics while being personable and relatable.

I guess I'll add a question: I follow SBTD and know there are warmups provided. Do you have any recommended routines for cooling down and stretching post-workout? My lats and traps tend to get particularly tight so foam rolling and somewhat regular massages help a lot.... but massages are not exactly affordable.