What does 2000 calories look like to you?

@dawn16 interesting that you dilute your PB with water, actually a great idea! I've mixed it with Greek yogurt or use PB2 but it's annoyingly expensive

@cleta Works pretty great too, just make sure to add it slowly and mix well in between. It gets super runny quickly, but then whey soaks it up really well.

I use ultrafiltered skim milk, which is 16g of protein per cup. It goes in my coffee, cereal, smoothies, sauces, pretty much whatever and usually boosts me by 30-40g per day without having to change my diet much or have the meat sweats after supper.

Oh and skyr, similar macros, consistency of soft cream cheese. Makes snacking on dips and sauces a protein dream.

@milandulovic I've heard that lactose sensitive people tend to be okay with skyr because of the composition. This isn't from experience though so I can't be held responsible for any chair damage that may occur ;)

If it makes you feel better, I've had so many close calls with shitting my pants after drinking whey, I had to change to a soy based protein lol. For awhile I had to leave my front door unlocked when I was headed to the gym 🤣

@dawn16 The 400g of chicken, a protein shake, and a protein bar makes up the bulk of it looking at that.

Beans/legumes, nuts and seeds, lentil and pea flour pastas, fish, meats, quinoa, added protein options (cereal etc.), can get more seedy/nutty breads, peanut butter, Greek yogurt and Skyr. Lots of good veggie options involving soya now so you can work some stuff in for variety even if you're not veggie.

It pretty much requires you to focus protein in every meal though and pop a shake or bar on top realistically to keep within calories and reasonable amounts of eating, I think.

@rue77 Not necessarily a lot more food than your day quantity wise. I would eat along similar lines. But add cheese and whole eggs to your breakfast. Add half a cup of rice and some nice sort of sauce to your lunch. Serve the chicken/marinara on a bit of pasta instead of spaghetti squash. Or swap your snacks for something more calorie dense, cook with a little more oil. Easy to get the calories to add up without having to eat crazy amounts of food.

@rue77 Just... a lot less punishing than yours. Take your 1400 calorie day, add in some peanut butter, sauces, and a donut and bam 1800-2000 calories.

You really should eat more, YOLO.

@blake_ Doesn’t even have to be a donut. Just adding a serving of real pasta to dinner next to the spaghetti squash could add 200 calories.

@blake_ This. Eat the whole egg not just the egg white. My chicken is always in some sort of sauce. I like milky cold brews and the occassional ice cream, pizza or chocolate milk.

@rue77 Lunch: salad with chicken and feta cheese

Dinner: taco / burrito bowl with beef mince, veggies, tomato sauce, kidney beans & chick peas with maybe some cheese. Maybe some yoghurt or a protein shake for dessert.

That's probably 1500, if I need to eat more I'll have a protein bar for a snack between lunch and dinner.

So I eat fewer meals than you, but more calories. It's not always about eating more, but can be about eating more calorie dense foods - in your case, having the full eggs instead of just whites for breakfast for example. Trying chicken thighs instead of breasts cause those have a bit more fat in it.

Also doesn't hurt that I can happily scoff away big portions - one of the reasons IF works for me so well, if I were to eat more meals a day I'd go over my calorie limit whilst constantly feeling hungry.