What does your warm up look like?

@newbeginning1996 Typically I hop on the BikeErg for 5-10 minutes then I will do warmup sets on the 1st exercise. But for much of last year when a wrist and elbow were bothering me, I'd also do 2-3 sets of high rep (50+) banded bicep and tricep work before any upper body exercises.

@newbeginning1996 What you're doing is perfectly fine, and is pretty close to what I do for barbell lifts, chinups and dips.

For barbell work, chinups and dips I like to do a pyramid. So I might squat or press the bar for 20 reps, 15 with a bit of weight, 10, 5, 3, 1, and then do my working sets. If I've already done a sufficiently similar exercise I don't bother - for example, I don't warm up for shrugs after deadlifts.

For chinups and dips I'll do a somewhat hard set at bodyweight (sometimes I'll go to or near failure to gauge where I'm at), then proceed to pyramid with weighted sets.

I never warm up for kettlebell work. In the kettlebell world I'm moving some pretty decent weight - 2x40kg for clean & press and front squat, 1x40kg for snatch - but I always feel ready to go straight to the working weight, unlike with barbells, chinups and dips.

I don't warm up for burpees or pushups, including one arm pushups. I don't do a general warmup - the warmup sets are there to get me prepared for a specific lift, and stretching and treadmills don't do that.

@newbeginning1996 On the treadmill I do a 500m walk, then a 500m jog.

Every set I begin with a very light weight and do 5 reps. Like dumbell seated overhead shoulder press, my max weight is 15kg each arm.

I'll start with 5kg , do 5 reps. Then move to a 12.5kg 10 reps, 15kg, then 12.5.

Squats I'll run 10-15kg on the bar for 5 reps. Then move to to 50kg and repeat.

It gets my blood pumping, the light weight wakes up that muscle group and is a form check, then the sets begin.

Works for me (43m) but you're mileage may vary.

@newbeginning1996 General warm up is two rounds of:

10 mountain climbers each side

10 arm circles in each direction

10 jumping jacks

5 pass throughs with band or pvc.

Then start at a low weight if I’m going heavy. Mobility I do post workout or close to bed time.