"What is normal eating?" 5'1 43F 274.4>234.4=40lb lost

@joyinyah The number one thing you can do to reclaim a "normal" appetite, or at least get damn close to it, is to eat only real food or minimally processed foods. Avoid most packaged or fast foods. And I'm not talking rice cakes, which are processed but contain 2 ingredients (rice and salt), I'm taking about all the other crap with tons of ingredients and words you can't pronounce. Get back to cooking and eating what we were meant to eat, not these scientific experiments meant to ramp up our appetite and make us buy more. Don't get me wrong, I still indulge occasionally but I feel my best when I'm cooking my own food and know what's going into my body. As I've gotten older, my body is less forgiving when it comes to eating junk.

@joyinyah I’m not the person you asked, but I can give you one idea.

I managed to score a refurbished Ninja Foodie toaster oven that has become invaluable. Most of what I cook, I do in that thing. If it’s financially doable for you I’d highly recommend it.

One of my dinner mainstays? Chopped sweet potato. Cut one or two into regular(ish) cubes, toss em with any ol’ oil and salt&pepper. Spread into one layer as best you can, pop in the oven (or toaster oven) at 400 for 20ish minutes, rotating once.

Is it the healthiest thing? Will it be enough protein? Hell no. But it’s dirt cheap, dead easy, prep and cleanup take a grand total of 10-15 minutes, and it’s filling and fucking tasty. And without maple syrup or brown sugar, it’s surprisingly low calorie.

@joyinyah Huge congrats on your weight loss! You got this! I’m also 43 but 4’11 and a muscular 120lbs. I wear a size 2-4. My normal day looks something like this:

Breakfast is usually a small low fat yogurt or just tea with half and half.

Lunch is very very varied. I love eggs with quinoa, tomatoes and avocado. Leftover Indian food. Grilled chicken thighs with brown rice and veggies. Salads with tons of veggies and some type of lean protein. Salmon avocado sushi roll. On the weekends I’ll often have eggs Benedict or something fun and indulgent.

I don’t really snack except for berries or other fruit. Maybe a small handful (5 or so) or gluten free peanut butter pretzels. Shout out to the Quinn’s brand!

Dinner again, huge wild card. I eat pretty much whatever I want. This includes pizza and burgers! I also have a cocktail pretty much every night. Just vodka with a bit of vermouth. I live in NYC so our food choices are endless. We do a lot of takeout from local independent restaurants.

This all being said, I watch my portions like a hawk. When I’m no longer hungry, I stop eating. Once dinner is over, no more food unless it’s a special occasion or something. I generally fast between 9pm and 9am. Often longer if I don’t have a gym appointment that day. Oh and water! Besides vodka (ha!) that’s the only thing I drink. No diet sodas or juice.

I live a fairly active lifestyle which I’m sure allows me to eat more than someone who works all day at a desk or has to drive everywhere. I don’t own a car so walking is my means of transportation.

I hope some of this is helpful. Wishing you nothing but the best on your journey!

Back