What is the best 3 day split for building muscle?

@willorie1329 "Dunno man, It always worked for me"

Ffs and that's exactly why you have no business trying to teach anyone anything. You're letting normies get to your head so much you started thinking you should teach when in essence you know fuck all about the science behind any of this. Just being jacked does not qualify one as an expert and plenty of jacked people spout misinformation or straight up wrong information every day. This has no effect on you but it's everything for the one unfortunate enough to listen to you. You can afford to be wrong for awhile. They can't. A false start or a wrong start can set them back significantly until its corrected. You need to know more than just the basics. Anyone can pick up a barbell and put it back down but if you can't explain the how or the why behind fitness then it's best to stay out of talks regarding efficiency and the most appropriate method for another user. What worked for you is not guaranteed to work for others and it's important to be cognizant of that.

@willorie1329 I prefer powerlifting but I included pre and post bulk pictures to save time because I know how this usually goes. I admit your physique is better than mine but you don't really know anything about fitness broski and it shows. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a trainer or followed someone else's program the entire time. A solid physique does not qualify someone to teach or discuss fitness. A mindset like that is why the likes of Vshred and other predators are so popular.

@slow Pics look good
Ive been Training for 11 yrs tried every split ,plan and diet under the sun.

Experience brings knowledge Bro keep it simple and stay humble

Btw: what do you think qualifies you since you keep mentioning it ?

@slow I would fit the entire body in 3 days but mix and match parts with varying intensities whilst emphasizing weaknesses.

So maybe something like:

1 Chest / Back

2 Legs / Abs

3 Shoulders / Arms

Then if a weakness presents itself, spend more of your time training that muscle group than the others.

Beggars can't be choosers, we must make do with the time we have.

@trumpeter2 I'm a huge push/pull fan too, hitting bodyparts 1.5x a week. I have found everything you've said to be true. My only gripe with it is that the shoulder girdle, elbows and knees get less rest in comparison to an upper/lower. My joints do feel better with the UL setup, but I just cannot take the increased fatigue anymore. Also way too much warming up.

@trumpeter2 Just to be clear, I meant that as a con for upper/lower, not push/pull. But it's likely an artifact of being constrained in terms of exercise selection from a home gym. For example, if i was doing upper lower, I'd have to warm up on barbell rows at the same time as bench, but I only have a single barbell.

Push/pull is no problem for warming up, like you said I warm up quads/hams while resting my upper body muscles. It's a good setup.

@kjk11861 I love upper/lower on paper, but I find it difficult to sustain once you are actually strong. Don't get me wrong, you can make fantastic gains on UL for a long time, but there comes a point where it gets very difficult to train the entire upper body in one session with proper intensity.

I see a very real difference in my fatigue levels when I'm on push/pull vs upper lower. I also just cannot train my biceps, triceps, and delts with the proper intensity at the end of the workout. My systemic fatigue is too high at that point, so I'm just half-assing the sets. Whereas on push/pull, my upper body is getting trained with adequate attention and intensity at every workout.

@parodyofjay Yeah I definitely see your point. I just find it's a pretty effective format for me but I know it has limitations. I'm kinda used to training under high levels of fatigue.

@faithandholyspiritarethek Torso/limbs is one of my favorite splits on paper, but every time I try to run it I find it inferior to push/pull. My pressing lifts all go down because my triceps don't get enough recovery. If you're just fluffing around I love it, but I try to train progressively and I can't push my lifts up enough.

Training chest & back together is also just hard and fatiguing when you get strong.

@sammyclifnote my favorite in this Situation would be upper/lower/full body

I find full body a bit unflexible as it doesn't allow to train two consecutive days in a row...
the upper and lower sessions allow you to do a bit more hypertrophy exercises than you'd typically see in a pure full body routine and i find it less taxing.

Then later in the week once you completed upper and lower you come with a full body workout to hit every muscle for a second time, which is generally considered to be superior (although the 2nd time obvsly with less volume as you have to stuff the whole body in).
Especially for legs a lot of people might find two brutal sessions maybe too much but only one too little.
(for exame one intense leg day with squats and compounds and then later in the week just some isolation or leg presses on you full body day)