What is y’all’s preffered workout that you would do everyday if needed

@estrahs It’s not as important as you think. If you do a split, you are already incorporating rest by not working out that specific muscle group. Simply put, if you need a rest, take a rest, if you don’t, then don’t. Sometimes I can go months without a rest day, sometimes you need a break though and that’s fine.

@trumpeter2 No, I am 21 and I get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night. I train 10 hard drop sets to failure for each muscle group every single day and do 30 minutes of hard cardio on the elliptical (starting from half intensity and is a straight taper to max intensity by the end) after this. My training sessions last about 2 hours. You really do not need to rest if you don’t actually need it, I also rarely use pre workout and I barely even drink caffeinated products anymore save for diet sodas. I am also a diagnosed insomniac and I have a pretty considerable muscle for my level of bodyfat which I currently am estimating to be around 15% (off of a very educated guess as dexa and the water pool test is not an option here). Could be more or less, in a cut though and my energy is as good as ever.

@logankahana Excuses excuses. I wake up every day at 6 and go to bed at 1 in the morning. I don’t drink or party either, I also work 10 hours a day and yet get 2 hours of training in and meal prep along with all my other errands. You people have NO EXCUSES, your bodies don’t just change because you get older, it’s a result of treating them like shit for years that gets you that way, I was the exact same way before I ever started training. Don’t disregard what I say just because I am 21 years old because that is an absolute boomer thing to do. You didn’t like it, so why try to do it to me?

@nadeen Please print your comment, put it in a little box, and read it in 15 to 20 years.

I have no doubt you have an excellent body that requires little recovery right now. I hope you enjoy it, but it will absolutely change with age no matter how well you maintain yourself.

@trumpeter2 You are not hearing what I am saying. If you are doing a 3 day split, you do not need to take a rest day, essentially every day that you are not working out the intended muscle group is a rest day. There is absolutely zero reason to take a complete day off from the gym if you do a 3 day split because you are giving plenty of time for your muscles to rest already unless you just recover that badly. Upper lower split or full body? Sure, but who has enough time to do that? That forced rest mindset is what keeps a lot of natural guys smaller than they could be because they think they have to recover even when they are likely already recovered. Most people do not even really train that hard, I make gains (as a natural) doing complete skeletal muscle failure on all of these sets and I rest essentially 48 hours basically. You do not need a rest day unless you are too tired to perform with 90% of your original strength.