What is your favourite meal during a weight loss phase?

namibia

G’day, I’ve been a long time lurker, first time poster here.

I wanted to see what people’s favourite meals for a weight loss diet may be. What I’m looking for is high protein, low/mid fats, and scaleable carbohydrates. Also needs to be something that is satiating and tasty - unless bland is your thing.

My personal favourite is larb gai (Thai minced chicken salad) with a side of rice. I use a recipe similar to this one here. I just use 8% minced chicken, add peanuts if I need more fat, and then fill it out with rice and vegetables.

So what is your favourite meal for a weight loss phase?

@namibia When I'm on a cut, I like chicken lettuce wraps. Ground chicken (or turkey), diced vegetables (usually carrots, peppers, onion-- stuff I keep on hand), sauce (I usually just wing it), wrapped in romaine leaves.

@namibia Very timely as people begin their summer cuts, or hopefully have already started unlike me 😂.

I'm not usually a breakfast eater but adding oatmeal in the morning seems to help. Unintuitively just the normal Quaker oats in a packet which does have some extra sugar in it. I find it something I look forward to, yet satiating enough and high fiber content helps me eat less throughout the day. You could probably do better with protein oats or using plain oatmeal and adding less sugar or non-caloric sweetener but then it would no longer be something I look forward to taste-wise.

also lean ground beef (95%+) padded with mushrooms. High protein, relatively low fat, easy to prep with just some basic spices. Not amazing by any means, but pretty good and (again the key) satiating

@namibia I make sweet potato tortillas, freeze them, and reheat with a few things over the week. Roughly 1 part boiled sweet potato to 3/4 part brown rice flour or more to make a tacky dough.

Then I make crunchy chickpeas with garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, and black pepper.

Then I make a tzatziki with 1 part Greek yogurt, .5 part low fat mayo, squirt of lemon juice, onion and garlic powder, fresh garlic, and fresh chopped dill and chives (having a herb garden is v recommended for low cal flavor boosts)

Package all three separately so nothing gets soggy and combine for lunch. Dope ass chickpea wraps with satiating sweet potato as carbs, and pretty damn low cal. Like 300 calories for my serving size. Needs more protein? Add some air fryer tofu or chopped chicken

@namibia I eat rice/beans/yams,green veggie, eggs as a meal w chobani zero sugar greek yogurt, a healthy ninja creami ice cream pint and a banana or two on the side.

This is a very normal meal for me throughout a cut/bulk phase. I change amounts and add meat more often when bulking, been adding whole wheat pasta as well.

@namibia Perfect Chocolate PB Protein🍦

• 1.25 cup chocolate fairlife milk
• 1 scoop mmmSupps chocolate protein powder (click the link and support me please 😊)
• 2 tbsp of pb2 (1 is probably fine too)

• freeze at least 8 hours (optional: poke middle at 4hr mark)
  1. (Optional) Thaw 5 minutes
  2. Ice cream mode
  3. Fork the middle
  4. Add a little more milk in middle
  5. Respin
  6. Fork sides and bottom
  7. Respin
    Bonus: mixins (only if you’re already shredded)
I replace the fair life w almond milk when cutting.

@namibia I have another one that doesn’t require a cremi - get some Xanthum Gum - it makes regular protein shakes creamy. Just a small amount like half a teaspoon. Great trick!

I use - protein chocolate whey - pb2 x 2 tbl spns - unsweetened silk coconut milk - a dash of salt/stevia liquid - 5-10 ice cubes - and wow - it’s bellisimo 👌 - optional variation sugar free jello cheesecake mix and pb2 - bang bang ‼️

@namibia Rice beans and grilled chicken/cooked ground meat

Stir fry with egg noodles, lean protein, mixed veggies

Egg/egg white scrambled with spiced carrots and cabbage and some cheese

Yoghurt, frozen fruit, jelly

Protein porridge

I legit lost 15kgs eating a variation of those 4 meals

@namibia Chicken or flank steak. Cut up small. With a portion of rice and Greek yogurt and a medium hot sauce all mixed together. Throw some diced red onion on top for a little crunch.

@namibia Good Culture low fat cottage cheese. Absolutely insane macros (320 calories and 56g protein) and is quite filling. I eat the tub for breakfast and it holds me over comfortably until lunch. It's also by far the best cottage cheese I've ever eaten.

@namibia Beef bone broth + quinoa + grass fed beef.

Throw into rice cooker or instapot.

Walk away.

Add siracha, salt, pepper, garlic to taste.

Freezes well.