What separates the elite from the rest

@presmom22 Genetics. Elite recovery. Ability to perform 5 days a week of 4-5 training sessions. And being selective on intensity in these sessions. A games athlete at our gym trains 20 hours a week or more, but some metcons are 80% effort, and some are more. He also is super consistent in training.

@presmom22 The fact that nowadays nearly all of them are in position where they can sacrifice everything else to train and achieve their goals.

It’s not about them being on more drugs than anyone else because these drugs are rife through all levels of the sport and available all the way down to high school and college sports.

@presmom22 Work ethic, Discipline, Being a thinker and problem solver and staying the course for longer periods gaining much more experience and knowledge than others.

@presmom22 You do realize all the CF pros are taking a metric fuck ton of steroids right…maybe not the ‘elite’ people at your local gym (but probably), but the actual elite pros are taking enough shit to kill a horse.

Again, not to discredit their effort or work ethic. They are working out 2-4 times per day, eating right, all that jazz. Genetics does play a role, as some people are super responders to steroids.

But just don’t think if you eat right and stop alcohol and workout twice a day you’ll look like Rich Froning.

@presmom22 Programming makes a big difference. Having a dedicated external source analyzing your movement, strengths and weaknesses and designing a program that balances intensity with technique development is very important. It also minimizes downtime, varying stimulus to allow the body to recover.

And to that end, doing any gym’s programming and adding Murph prep daily is very likely going to push you into overtraining. Be careful, and make sure you’re recovering. Otherwise you’re just adapting, not improving.

@presmom22 Their training is well thought out and intentional.

The overall intensity of the training is MUCH lower than you think it is.

They are rarely going as hard as the typically CrossFit class attendee is.

That’s why they can do so much more volume.

@presmom22 My opinion is how an athlete manages their fatigue is what separates them from the rest. They don’t slow down that much between the 1st and the last round. Strength is a factor as well, which takes a longer time to develop than other parts of the sport.

@presmom22 Like any sport you can’t just say. “I’m gonna be just like ______ (a pro in their sport). I love golf but I could spend a billion dollars and all my time and I ain’t making ANY tour. Even the best high school athletes rarely achieve professional status in any sport. Especially in CrossFit (similar to many exertion sports ) you have to just be built differently and maximize your body and training to even have a shot .like all in 100% focus and every decision either helps you become an elite crossfitter or not doesn’t . What you eat , how you train , how you sleep etc. unless you are an athletic freak who might get away with 97% all in.

@presmom22 Having the freedom to train 2-4x a day, having the financial capacity for good nutrition that meets the goal you want. Consistency and patience.

@presmom22 If I speak my mind and tell you the truth about “what else” separates the elites with all other factors being the same I’m surely going to be downvoted 🤣😇

I’m sure you know the answer…

Back