What to do next?

@gordon_b I 2nd this. Have to tried dropping to 1400 for a week or 2?, upping 200 calories for a week or two? Maybe take a couple days off from lifting and intense cardio and just do your 10k steps?

Sometimes something as simple as rest can move the number on the scale. Are you adjusting your macros? Weight loss changes the amount you need to eat to loose weight. Some people can get away with certain things and others can’t.

Changes this up for 2-3 weeks at a time and see what happens. If your issue isn’t weight related, I would be SHOCKED if you don’t drop weight if you try out what the things I mentioned.

@gordon_b Yes, your exercise routine is rather...excessive. Do you actually enjoy all that activity, or are you only doing it to lose weight? The reason I ask is because excessive cardio can actually stall weight loss, because it puts your body in a state of stress, which causes your cortisol level to rise.

@creator123 I enjoy it, I really enjoy walking every. I am willing to cut down on my peloton rides or switch to more low impact rides, but the walking is a non-negotiable, that is more for my mental health with added health benefits. Same for lifting weights. I actually work out before I work and I find that I am more focused when I exercise in the AM.

@creator123 This is factually untrue cardio will not stall your weightloss and factually lifting weights causes more cortisol spikes then steady state cardio when you factor HIIT into this mix then yes cortisol will raise more but your BMR also raises more after a 30min HIIT session cutting back on her cardio will not help her plateau.

@lokielizabethstrange Depends on the person. If you find cardio stressful and you're forcing yourself to do it to lose weight, then it can cause cortisol levels to rise. My own personal experience: I was running 6 miles a day, hating every minute of it, and was stuck in a plateau for months. When I stopped running and started lifting weights instead, I started losing weight again. My diet never changed. Some people have the opposite experience. It all depends how your body reacts to the exercise you're doing.

@gordon_b I’m 5’2” and eating 1400 a day and it’s kinda rough, not gonna lie. I make it work by having a protein + fiber shake each morning and that helps get me through most of the day (plus an afternoon snack) then try to eat something decently healthy for dinner. It’s doable but it’s not fun.

Edited to add: I’m in a virtual training program and my trainer wants me to eat 1400 cal, 90g protein, 20g fiber each day. So I just try to hit those goals for nutrition.