What's your "I know I should(n't) be doing this"?

@brianhex Not doing shoulder prehab as much as I should - even though I keep complaining about wonky shoulders. I'm getting better at it tho!

Not pushing myself/progressing in cardio.

And like someone else said, I never do abs.

@itoeruxi Saaame. Shoulders are temperamental and they're such a big muscle group (at least for your upper body) that you really feel it when you tire them out. I do some face pulls and OHP, but I never want to.

@feedmysheep Same, my diet is "healthy balanced meals plus cookies and ice cream"

Someone plz follow me around every day and remind me that grocery store cookies in the work break area are not worth eating

@eldridge I mean it fits my calorie goal and I'm happy with my weight... and I can live with having a bit of a pot belly if it means we get cookies and ice cream, right??

@brianhex I do half assed burpees every time. I learned about "competition burpees" for Spartan races - chest has to hit the ground, then the jump is just hands over ears and feet leave the floor. Which is great in a race setting, but I should still be doing more in the gym than just flopping to the ground and popping back up!

@manjanek Mannnn. I completed the Spartan recently. Talk about an incentive to rock the obstacles- avoiding burpees! I do a rock solid full burpee, but doing those in Spartan is a whole other ball game.

@jwilging01 I know right! They are just brutal in the middle of a race. Luckily I've managed to only fail the spear throw, but I get a solid 30 burpees in every single race.

@manjanek Oh man! Everytime they come up in a small number of reps (like 5) at crossfit I think today is the day that I’m going jump down and then jump up again, instead of stepping down/up.

And then I get past 2 and am dying and think oh fuck this.

@manjanek The only burpees I will do are Bosu burpees. I have a cyst in one of my hands so having my hands flat on the ground puts pressure on it and gives me pain, but holding the Bosu on its sides helps me. Plus, it looks pretty badass! Instead of a jump at the top of the burpee, you stand up and raise the bosu over your head.

@brianhex I hate pushups. Partly because I'm just weak, partly because I broke my wrist a few years ago so I get some pain in my wrist after 5-6 attempts. A workout I just started has four different pushup variations throughout the week, including three in one day (today). I know I should stick it out and, starting with pushups on my bench, see how much I can progress to doing some "real" ones by the end of the 8 week program, but a big part of me just wants to switch to a different routine without pushups.