Which Multivitamin is Best? I can't decide

xemketqualode

Hi! I'm trying to pick between the "Essential" and "Complete" multivitamins from Future Kind, but I'm finding it hard to make a decision.

The Essentials Vitamin comes with B12, Omega-3 (main reason why I think it's better) and Vitamin D. And it's 2/Day.

The Complete Vitamin doesn't have Omega-3, but it contains B12, Vitamin D & tons of other vitamins and minerals with probiotics & digestive enzymes.

Someone said they take only 1 Essential Vitamin per day because it is more than enough (based on VeganSociety Metrics), so I'm wondering if I can use both Multivitamins (taking one Essential & one or two of Complete) for a good combination.

Another option is getting the Complete Vitamins & a separate Omega 3 supplement (or I can add Chia seeds to my diet)?

What do you guys think? I've been vegan for a year now, but haven't done so well with my plant based diet (trying to improve). Thanks for the help!

Also, what supplement(s) do you guys take?

@xemketqualode I'm a health nut. I use "Deva, Vegan Multivitamin & Mineral Supplement, One Daily". It is super affordable. If there was a better one, I would use it.
  • Essentials Multivitamin
    • It is quite expensive. 1 dollar per day (75 cents daily with subscription)
    • Methylcyanocobalamin is a form of B12 that should only be taken if other kinds don't work for you (MTHFR mutation). Cyanocobalamin has by far the best known dosing practices, and it's much more shelf stable.
  • Complete Multivitamin
    • Lots of gimmick nutrients. Some of them work, especially in specific circumstances, but these doses are simply too low to feel any difference.
    • No Iron. Vegans are at very low risk of iron overdose. But badly planned vegan diets can easily be low in Iron, or hinder iron absorption due to low vitamin C (which is needed for plant iron) and consumption of Tea, coffee, and alcohol near meals.

My supplementation routine​

• Deva, Vegan Multivitamin & Mineral Supplement, One Daily (not the tiny tablets)
  • Deva, Vegan Vitamin D3, 125 mcg (5,000 IU)
  • Deva, Vegan Omega-3, DHA-EPA, 300 mg
    • All brands of vegan omega are good quality (all the same supplier), but many are super overpriced per mg of omega 3. I would only buy from the following brands:
      • Naturelo Vegan DHA (Cheapest for Just DHA)
      • DEVA (Best price for DHA-EPA)
      • Ovega 3 (Best if you want to buy from the supplier and want a bigger bottle of big capsules)
    • I also have 3 tablespoons of flax meal. You will not absorb many fats from whole seeds (Though they are still super good for you)
    • https://veganhealth.org/omega-3s/

@613jono Fantastic comment. I just finished baselining two protein powders (Naked Pea and Naked Rice which I mix 50-50 and have 27g protein per day in lunch shake - I think all add ground flax seed to my mix now), and I wanted to get going on a regular multi-vitamin from a vendor I can respect (which means no gimmick nutrients). Your post helps me a lot!

@613jono
Deva, Vegan Multivitamin & Mineral Supplement, One Daily

Do you buy the kind with iron or without? (these seem to be the only two variations). I'm a man and I eat a fair amount of food from iron pots and never have been low on any iron test - seems like I should get the one without iron given some commentary I see that it can inhibit the absorption of calcium.