Why isn’t my chest ever getting engaged?

davenigeria

I am trying to do pushups many varieties mostly feel it in my triceps and also my biceps as well as my shoulders a bit but NONE in my chest I don’t understand. Even when I try bench pressing same thing happens. My chest looks fat and not developed compared to my biceps, triceps, shoulders and my abs. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Seriously though, OP, try dumbbell bench press. Here’s a good video for form:
It’s the best I’ve found for chest. Good luck and have fun!

@davenigeria One thing you can try is a wider grip. Be it pushups or benchpress. Wider = more chest, narrow = more triceps

My grip used to be as wide as the little markers on the bar. My index fingers were literally outside the little lines.

Make sure on benchpress, to retract your scapula for stabilization, arch your lower back a little, so that your upper back is pretty much glued to the bench. Ass and your upper back should be the parts touching the bench. Also, plant your feet into the ground, and lastly, most importantly, be sure your elbows aren't flared, ensure they are "tucked" at the bottom of the rep. Your flat bench path should be going almost diagonally. Bar starting around the middle of your chest and then hanging around maybe above your chin/face at the top of the rep. Flared elbows will involve too much shoulder and does not feel good.

It could be that your chest just isn't developed at all and your triceps take over, but using a wider grip on a barbell should almost force your chest to engage. There's less movement for your triceps to involve.

Barbell allows you to grip wider than usual, as opposed to dumbbells or flyes. Dumbbells, although they give greater range of motion, they can end up involving more triceps, and flyes can definitely involve biceps inadvertently.