Work pants for <5’ ladies

mnd0

Hi guys! I’m 4’10” and have gone from 136 lbs to 125 lbs since October! But now I’m in a predicament where my work pants don’t fit super well. I’m v bummed (but also excited) that I have to find new pants because it’s so difficult to find pants that fit my short legs.

Pls give me reccos on where you buy your work pants!

TYIA!

@mnd0 Loft and J.Crew are my go-to's (I'm 4'10.5"). I tend to go with petite, ankle length pants, and they fit me perfectly as normal length pants! :)

@mnd0 I cannot recommend you any specific brands, but I know the struggle to find the perfect pants so I'll share what I usually do when I have to buy pants. I go for pants that are supposed to be mid calf length or a bit longer but definitely not full length. They always end up either full or at least ankle length on me. I'm 4'11 for reference.

@bublink Seconding this. 5'0 here and their petite work pants with the ankle cut hits perfectly, also they have a bit of stretch in them incase you're curvy like me (I have large quads and booty).

@mnd0 I'm 4'9".

I learned to hem my own pants as a teenager. I recommend you learn to hem your pants. It's really the best answer to this question for ladies under 5'.

@martin35 Oh I def do. Part of the problem is how the pants fall on the rest of my leg, especially with non-Straight leg pants. If there’s any sort of definition in the pant leg as to where a knee is supposed to go, it always hits my leg way too low.

@mnd0 5'0" and short legs, and Banana Republic's Petite Sloan Slim Ankle Crop Pant have worked for me so far! The ankle length is perfect since it goes a little bit past my ankles.

@mnd0 Not the most sustainable brand, but fashion nova has really nice dress pants if you take the time to look.

Look up the “knot your girl pants”.

Back