[Race Report] Cowtown Half: I bled through my pants so you don’t have to

@wanderedhome I found they are very intimidating, too, except when I post in the daily questions thread -- it's like the nicer folks come out of the woodwork. If I post my own thread, even if it follows the rules, the replies aren't as kind or a little condescending.

@wanderedhome Congratulations! You didn’t give up, and you finished in a badass way.

I think there is another runner you intentionally ran a race “free bleeding” anyone have info on that? Can’t remember if it was intentional or to raise awareness or something.

@steadfastlutheran https://madamegandhi.blog/2015/04/26/sisterhood-blood-and-boobs-at-the-london-marathon-2015/

I kind of skimmed this, but the runner is Kiran Ghandi. She wasn’t originally planning on doing it; she got her period that morning and felt that a tampon would be too uncomfortable. So she chose to free bleed to send the message that it isn’t a woman’s responsibility to make herself presentable or uncomfortable in order to make others happy. Not sure I agree that it was the best way to prove that point, but she did definitely start a conversation about it which is what she was going for.

@catholicfollower Her family is so cute with those t-shirts

Also, another interesting thing is that she is South Asian descend. Periods are so taboo in South Asian culture, and girls often hide it around their male family members.
So good for her to start that conversation but yeah I'm not sure if that's the route I would take either