Workout Equipment You Love vs. Never Use

@douglashilliard I got a plyopic mat. It’s meant for hot yoga cuz the top is almost like a fabric in a way, it’s kinda sueded? And the bottom is a heavy duty almost tire like rubber. It’s meant to flip for different exercises. But neither side pills or shreds and I beat the shit out of it. The only catch is the “suede” side will absorb sweat. I mixed a spray bottle of water, vinegar and essential oils and spritz it and every so often go at it with a soft bristle brush to give it a deep clean. Apparently u can soak it in a tub too but it takes a long time to dry since it’s such a substantial mat, so the spray and occasional scrub down works for me.

They come in really fun colors and designs too. I think they run between $70-90.

@elvin Haha I have a shredding yoga mat problem right now and honestly I was kind of embarrassed to tell my friends about it. It’s definitely from mountain climbers hey-yo!

@hebahesh All I’ve got right now is an elliptical. I like how gentle it is on my knees and like to use it while I watch Netflix but it’s pretty big and heavy so I can’t really move it in and out of the space to make room for seating and such when company can come back over so I’m regretting that a little bit.

I’m interested in getting a small treadmill for my husband as he doesn’t like the elliptical. He’d likely only use it for walking. Do you mind sharing which one you have?

@truechristian18 I feel you on the knees thing! I used to pace at home without a treadmill and it was killing my knees and that’s why I got it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08CNCY4J1?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title I got this one and have been using it everyday for one month. It was plug and play for me and I love it. Easy to move out of the way with wheels. Quiet. It only goes up to 4mph though so it’s really only for walking for very light jogging. It supports up to 198 lbs. and it just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper 🥲

@hebahesh Love
  • Barbell, rack, plates, stall mats, plyo box, bench, rower, dumbbells, wall ball
  • ab mat, weight vest, jump rope, spin bike, kettlebell
Barely Use
  • nothing. everything I have has a purpose :)
  • (I did use to own an elliptical, HATED it, got rid of it)

@twinmama What do you do with your weighted vest? I've been considering buying one but I'm not sure what weight to get and I'm worried I'll buy it and never use it.

@johte12 I use it for weighted pullups primarily, so a training tool. I also use it for other bodyweight workouts (air squats, pushups, etc) to add extra resistance. It's common in crossift and makes weighted pullups so much easier

@jennifer94 Lmao sorry I’ve been busy!

The elliptical is alright for some people, but it moves your body in a weird way and a lot of people say it would be better to bike or run instead of using it. The machine also is very low impact so it doesn’t help build bone density or strength. I also feel like the elliptical tends to trick people into thinking they’re doing an intense workout while not being very strenuous at all.

That being said, there are uses for it and it’s probably ideal for certain people but if you’re on the younger side with no serious health problems, you’re better of running, biking, or weightlifting