Workouts that don’t push limits

@panozaa_allbet I still follow the workouts I like I just modify them for my limits. I pace myself and don't push myself to the brink. I do less reps or go slower or use less weight, whatever I need to get through it but not die.

@shane26 That’s what I’ve been doing, too, but I get so turned off by the mentality of the trainers and just want something that has a different feel. It seems like there are some really awesome suggestions in here that I’ll check out. 😊

@panozaa_allbet I like Lottie Murphy Pilates, she has a subscription but also free videos on YouTube you can check out first to see if you like it. I like her cause she’s gentle, there’s no music and you can select the level if you’re a member. So you could just do her beginners or intermediate classes to keep things softer. She does have a few HIIT Pilates videos but you can just avoid those, they aren’t that many.

@panozaa_allbet I really like Just Move from KaisaFit. I generally abhor workout videos or live classes because the trainer sounds annoying, but I really like how she speaks to her audience. Theres a huge variety of levels and types of videos, and she repeats throughout that we have to keep to our own personal limits and above all its good to just move.

@charlieparker Seconding both of these suggestions. Especially Kelli from Fitnessblender is very big on listening to your body. She has some more intense workouts, but you can easily filter on intensity. Jo has many low impact workouts in cardio zone 2. Perfect for those who are sensitive to high cortisol.

@panozaa_allbet Check out Sohee Fit. I follow her on insta and have been considering switching to her app from Jefit. I think she's getting her master's in physical education. She's very big on doing what your body is comfortable with. The one that stuck with me was saying you don't have to have a perfect squat depth, I don't have the flexibility, and it was nice to hear.

@panozaa_allbet I took up running last March. I got lots of migraines. Then I found out that I can predict if I will get an exercise migraine based on how long my heart rate is in my zone 5 during my workout. I have a polar h10, and I can look at the HR graph and tell right away based on how long my HR is in the red, if I will get a migraine.

Anway, I found that I can still do cardio, but I just can't push too hard for too long. So I jogged/walked until jogging continuously with my heart rate in zone 2 was possible. Now, I have been able to add some hills and distance, but if I see my heart rate get too high for more than a minute or two, I slow down or walk.
This can be applied, I'm sure, to any exercise.

@jg_lrd Just as a friendly note, Zone 5 is the danger zone for most runners. It is generally recommended to avoid it altogether. Zone 1 is warm up, Zone 2 is heart healthy, Zone 3 is fat burning, Zone 4 is carb burning, Zone 5 is burn out. As you build your cardio endurance, it will get harder to hit it!

Back