Yoga, Pilates for over 60 and recovering from cancer treatment

shaon

I’m looking for an app or videos of a regular exercise program for myself.
After treatment, I’ve lost a fair bit of weight and muscle mass, and feel weak.
I’d like to find something that is good for stretching and slowly builds up to better fitness.
I have stretching bands and a few weights at home.

@shaon Hi there! First, a big hug! Cancer is no easy road, and I am glad you are on the road to recovery. Have you looked into rebounding/mini-trampoline?

A family member recently "gifted" me with one she wasn't using. After researching it, I learned that it offers a ton of benefits. Some people have even said that it helped beat cancer! Apparently, the "G-Force" of gentle jumping engages the Lymphatic system and gets those white blood cells activated.

Anyway, it's good to have you here. There are lots of supportive and motivated people here to help you along the way.

@sanj79 Not really sure what I want. I’d definitely need to get stronger but also need stretching and balance exercises.
I’ve lost a lot of muscle in my arms,legs and my core strength is poor

@shaon Okay, well why don’t you start with some basic calisthenics four days a week and then do some sort of yoga/pilates on your off days?

@shaon Highly recommend Pilates. I’m 59/female. I also do other things (weights) but at times when I’ve had to cut back or deal with health issues, my one constant is Pilates. And it’s always OK’d by my doctors. It will help you immensely with your core and from there, flexibility & strength throughout your body. I go to classes twice a week but I’m sure there are online options.

Congrats on beating cancer! 💪

@ghex Agreeing mightily with core strength and muscle strength, flexibility via Pilates. Whether one gets into reformer work, which is usually quite one-on-one or close to with an instructor or more modified mat work, there are few things like it to work every area of the body.