1 Year Bodybuilding Results

lutheranrose

I'm 19

All I do is trade stocks and go to the gym

Before I started my regimen I went to the gym on and off for about a year. I was in worse shape when I started but I've never been good at logging my results.

While I was bulking I ate around 500 calories above my metabolism. It lasted collectively 10 months with 3 mini-cuts in between (each one was 1000 calories sub metabolism and lasted 10 days). I had 2 real cuts each one lasting a month starting at 800 calories sub metabolism then raising my calorie intake every week by 100. This is all within the context of proper basic dieting and macro ratios.

My Workout Routine:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g-kjutGWpQyly4w4cPdQsx5PZy8z553ILoQoCbwfE_k/edit?usp=sharing

I replaced most of those workouts (except for the base compound movements) with similar workouts that hit the same muscles. I also progressively changed the reps and weights throughout the year to experiment.

I'd like any thoughts on what I can change or do for my next year. As much constructive criticism as you can give would be much obliged, and unconstructive criticism would be pretty funny. Any questions on specifics of dieting, lifting techniques, and numbers, anything really.

https://preview.redd.it/oq6wmu533lr...bp&s=4de9bb4580520fff288d7bbfe0f860c8f7081bf9

@lutheranrose It's sort of impossible to tell a difference, the lighting distance and poses are completely different.

Are you running your routine 3 days a week or 6 days?

@brendon83 bench started with 145, now 265

deadlift was 145, now 245

squat was 135, now 260

power clean was 100, now 155

dumbell military press was 45 now 85

dumbell curls were 35, now 65

I didn't focus as much as I should have into my legs and lower back. I've been playing catch up with those and I'll have definitive improvements next year.

@lutheranrose First off, well done. You're way ahead of the average 19 year old. For weak spots, I would say developing your back and your chest shelf. But again, you're only 19 and looking like this! Great job so far.

Based on the workout you provided it's no surprise your weaknesses are what they are. Since you're young I'd suggest a beginner program such a 5x5 and add accessory movements to target your weaknesses. There are a lot of workout suggestions out there, pick one and be consistent. Diet wise, keep doing what you've been doing cause you look great and the results are sure to come.

Back