~1 year gym progress!!

@bleubirdz Thank you! I get you, small steady progress is what’s sustainable. But eventually you also get to look back and realise it added up to something way bigger :)

I hope you find something that works for you - your QOL over all else! To me, fitness progress is just one facet of that.

@blessed53 Amazing!

My husband has AS. I've tried getting him into lifting weights because I've read a few others with this condition saying it helped them a lot. But lifting just isn't his thing. He manages his symptoms very well with a No Starch Diet and also Low Dose Naltrexone (has done wonders).

Keep up the good work!

@godislove32 Thank you!!

So happy to hear that he’s found ways to manage his symptoms too (lifting isn’t everyone’s cup of tea for sure). For me, biologics were life-changing - I’ve been on cycles of one called Simponi for the past 4 years :)

@princev79 My first pullup took me about a month of dedicated training. Every other day or so I did a few negatives (once I stopped getting bad DOMS from them), plus scapular pullups most of those days. I was doing resistance training (Caroline Girvan's) a few times a week at the same time, which probably helped.

Getting a pushup wasn't as big a personal goal for me so I didn't do dedicated pushup training, I managed my first after ~2.5 months of going to the gym and doing chest exercises. I've heard that negatives (lowering yourself to the ground as slow & controlled as possible) work well for pushups too though!