2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 9: Happy Star

jonjones229

[h4]/games2020[/h4]

Alright, we don't quite know what this is yet, but we do know that there's blocks of 15 minutes for both the men and the women.

What's everyone's guesses so far?

Don't forget to join us on the r/crossfit discord for chats, weekly workouts, and more!

Workouts

Leaderboard

How to watch

Schedule

Format Overview

Your timezone not featured? Use this handy timezone converter to help find the time in your local

Looking for easy reminders? I've made a 2020 CrossFit Games Finals Google Calendar / iCal that will update to whatever time zone you're in!

Broadcast times​

Block 7: 4:00pm-4:40pm PT / 7:00pm-7:40pm ET / 11:00pm-11:40pm UTC

Women's Start time: 4:10pm PT / 7:10pm ET / 11:10pm UTC

Men's Start time: 4:25pm PT / 7:25pm ET / 11:25pm UTC

Your timezone not featured? Use this handy timezone converter to help find the time in your local

Looking for easy event reminders? I've made a 2020 CrossFit Games Finals Google Calendar that will update to whatever time zone you're in!

Stream Sources​

Be wary of spammers trying to get you with livestreams. All event streams will be available on official CrossFit Platforms.

CrossFit Games Website

CrossFit Games Facebook

CrossFit Games Twitch

CrossFit Games Youtube

CrossFit Games Instagram

Event 9: Happy Star​

4 rounds for time:

Hill run

5-7-9-11 reps of:

Burpee

Thruster

Men's Thruster: (135/145/155/165lb)(61/66/70/75kg)

Women's Thruster: (95/105/110/115lb)(~43/48/50/52kg)

Athletes will begin by running a loop up and back down the hill, followed by a round of 5 burpees and 5 thrusters. In the second round, the athletes will run a different loop up the hill, then complete 7 reps of each, this time with a heavier thruster. Each round the run course will change and the reps and weight will go up.

If there's anything else you think needs to be included (streams, resources, reporting), or if I missed anything please send me a message

@seekthegame I wonder if they shrugged it off because he finished last anyway?

I was wondering what the hell happened, which is why I came to this thread. I guess nothing came of it.

@seekthegame I love Medeiros, but he was borderline on several events. Didn't get DQ so I guess Boz was okay with it, but it's weird the pass he gets :

- HS walk, he jumped every line, removing a good third of the distance from effectively walking.

- KB lunges, didn't fully locked hips

- Shortcut in this event.

@jonjones229 I am definitely enjoying the fight going on between 2nd and 5th place for both men and women. In awe of Mat and Tia but the fight for the rest of the podium is very entertaining right now

@jonjones229 I have been watching the CrossFit games for a very long time. Happy Star was the best workout I have ever watched. It was an incredible test of fitness. Not just strength, endurance, speed, skill/technique but overall fitness. Distance not crazy, reps not too high, weights not too high. Everything was perfect and in a perfect order and rep total to test Fitness. The most basic CrossFit movements, all of us have probably done them and can feel the burn...for whatever it’s worth Dave Castro, dude you nailed that event. P.s. Mat and Tia aren’t human.

@patto I agree, obviously We all wish there were more competitors and more heats but this has been awesome to watch given the circumstances. With the limited resources available to HQ in 2020 I am very impressed with what they have managed to pull off. Dave and the crew deserve a lot of credit in my opinion! Even the documentary teams and analysts have come together and not only made this a watchable event but one of the more entertaining games yet. This community is full of hard working and extraordinary humans lol

@jonjones229 I think I’m more annoyed than Mat is about the CrossFit Total miscalculation at this point.

Unreal performance.

Can’t help but wish we had Top 10 athletes and people like Pat V. were here too to spice things up more.

@royalpoet I thought about this too, but then realized that Pat, Brent, even Smith got beat out by these dudes. So while it would have been fun to see them tackle some of these events, I'm happy with this top 5 and it's nice to showcase different athletes who earned their place.

Back