2020 CrossFit Games Finals: Swim n' Stuff

@jonjones229 that was one of the cooler events to watch IMO - really cool to see swimming, AB, and then like GHDs and OK like the ball slam was whatever but in the context, it probably made the best sense. the interval style, with the rest and recoverability, gaming, really loved that event. reminded me of the 2223 interval which was alos really fun to watch. watching athletes body language during the rest, you don't get to really see that so that is also interesting

@jonjones229 I could be wrong, but the short swim seems to be bad thing for a strong swimmer like Noah. I was kind of thinking there would be a swim event at some point this weekend where Noah would pick up an event win but it seems like that’s out the window now.

Not that I’m complaining - it’s been amazing to see Mat just dominate at everything.

@sviar I agree. A longer swim, and a guy like Noah I think just puts enough distance between them. This though is pure aggression for shorter time domains...Mat should like this one.

@john25 Noah almost "drowned" on that last swim (took him forever). Not sure if the long swim would favor him that much. This is not your typical run swim run, they are entering the water with their heart rate much higher.

Back