2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 9: Happy Star

@psaxno Chief ( or whoever was responsible for the math on total for Mat) made a mistake calculating how much Mat had to lift on the deadlift to win the total vs Adler. Even just after the last DL Mat and Adler thought Fraser won and it turned out he lost by 7lbs. Fraser could have easily put 10lbs more on his barbell to take the 1st place and have a perfect streak.

@psaxno It won't do anything to Mat (he's already won it assuming there are only 3 events scored the same as the rest today), but I imagine it would be cool AF for him to not only win record 5th Games, in a row, but also do it PERFECTLY, win every event.

@psaxno Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but I think his coaches or handlers or whoever put the wrong weight on the bar, and Matt thought he was deadlifting more than he actually had on the bar.

The weight Matt thought he was lifting would have put him in first for that event too.

Something like that. Might have been another lift.

@royalpoet Yeah, this would be a lot more entertaining on the men’s side if there were more consistently top tier athletes (Vellner, Finowski, BKG, etc.) in the mix.

Of course, there are perennial women’s athletes, but Tia is still running away with it. So maybe it wouldn’t have made much of a difference.

Back