2020 CrossFit Games Finals: Swim n' Stuff

@sic there are tons of things that are good for training but not for competition. turkish get ups, planks, "strict presses" in a metcon, bicep curls ... (although DB Power cleans are basically that, but still) ...

depending on how these ball slams go, could be one of them

@jonjones229 Not a fan of the ball “slams.” Would’ve liked a heavy dball over the shoulder. But damn that was a solid event to watch. Good on Sam Kwant for taking that one. They look absolutely destroyed.

And holy shit, Tia in the water just flew past everyone. Round 1, last off the bike and first out of the water.

@pritisha I really think Haley is the next Tia. She is super young and technically just beginning. The fact she can hang with the top tier at only 19 is pretty amazing. Give it a couple more years and she will dominate.

@pritisha It's a hard balance I think, gotta make sure you keep up everything else but at the same time for her to be competitive with Tia she needs to spend dedicated time towards raw strength. I'd argue the same thing about Katrin or Pierce.

@pritisha I saw a comment on here about her just totally ruining her shoulders etc due to Fronings style of training, what do you think about that? Apparently he doesn’t do just weightlifting. Would be pretty sad

@symphony4him I think she is gonna need to be careful. Her body is still developing and she won't be putting much mass on for a few more years anyway. And I'm curious if she will even be able to continue to train with rich since he'll be doing the games programming next year?

Back