2022 NoBull CrossFit Games IE11: The Alpaca

@jarvis75 It was neat to see which athletes were just wrecked and how they were dealing with their exhaustion, but I agree it should've been "glances" instead of the focus.

@zongruger Do you think that was more strategic for Tia? She must’ve known she just needed to stay in front of Mal, Emma, and Danielle and she did. No point gassing it without knowing what’s to come for the next two events. Just a thought anyway

@espy147 I think it was strategic. I think she realised that she has a big lead so she turned off the gas a little and made sure she's got some left for the final two events. She could see she was still ahead of 2nd and 3rd and that's what matters most. The days of Tia winning every event are gone but her consistency and planning are still top notch.

@espy147 For Tia I’m not sure if it was strategic or not because she was right there with everyone along with Mal and Emma. Maybe her game plan shifted once down field for the rest of the day.

@jonjones229 The elimination of the rope climbs completely changes the testing of this event. That kinda blows but can’t control the weather. Seems like they should’ve been ready for a way to adjust the wod aside from just eliminating them entirely.

@amr7310 Especially as it’s been forecast for rain all day Sunday since before the competition started?

In any case, this one was really fun to watch (once they put the counter at the top so we could see what was going on lol)

@sydnie084 Rope climb is way different than legless rope climb. Horvath has great rope climbing technique that emphasizes use of her legs to power her ascent. Her size is a serious detriment to her in legless rope climbs, which was exactly the intention of having them as part of the event. Removing the legless rope climbs just made it a size competition and removed all balance from the event. They could have skipped this event and just awarded points by body weight.

@tearsz Most of the events benefit one body type or another.

They could have skipped this event and just awarded points by body weight.

This is an absurdly dumb statement. Just look at who finished amongst the best on the men's side.

@rentalman Some of the events benefit a specific body type, while others are designed to be balanced and let anyone who is willing to grind it out take it home. This was clearly intended to be the latter, but the removal of the legless rope climbs turned it into a strength event.

It's absurdly dumb to not recognize hyperbole.

Notice all the parent comments are regarding women?

@sydnie084 I get you, but because her and Khrennikov are great at rope climbs don’t mean they still win the event. It’d be a different stimulus and there’s no telling who would handle it well without actually seeing them do it. Lots of men/women in the field are great at rope climbs and it’s a different strategy for that wod entirely.