2023 NoBull CrossFit Games IE5 - Ski-Bag Discussion Thread

@warren76 Penalty would seem harsh there, IMO. There were plenty of athletes that only moved past the dotted line because the judges were pointing toward the square past the dotted line. With that many athletes needing to be corrected, it obviously wasn't *that* clear of a standard. To make things somewhat more confusing, in the first half of the event, there were valid spaces for them to squat in that were past the solid line but before the dotted lin. In Justin's heat, the lane 5 judge was also not forcing the athlete to move past the dotted line. On the set of 20 squats, for the transition between the first 5 and the second 5, Justin did the same thing (only walking past the solid line), so the judge had already reinforced the idea that he could do that earlier in the set of 20.

They ask the athletes to accept when the judges call a no rep, and conversely, I think they should be able to trust when the judges call a good rep, provided that the athlete is giving a good faith effort. I also think that most of the competitors on the floor would want to be given the benefit of the doubt in that situation.

@warren76 If he is not penalized, I assume the fault is on the judge for poor briefing. I think those standards, where the athlete is supposed to be and whatnot fall on the judge. He even walk forward, passing a line. Guess he got the OK, and kept on working.

@jsc2009 That was a little different though last year because the taller athletes were given an exception to stay at the higher bar. If you watch the event back again you’ll see that Brent did the same thing.

@jsc2009 i think Laura should just throw the bag about 15 rows deep, rip the leader jersey off Raptis, yell something obscene in Hungarian, and walk off the floor

I doubt she will

but it would be awesome

@jonjones229 love the outcome of that event so far!!!

Colton has a great event and a W!

Chandler wins his heat and several folks that were ahead of him on the leaderboard struggled so he will certianly move up a bit... awesome!

if im mathing correct, before they resort the leaderboard...

Chandler will be moving into 3rd overall??

Back