3 Month Progress - 189.8 to 164.0

@acs04401 Nice progress, it is crazy to think that being depressed can have different effects on people,. For me, it made me lose weight but for you it made you gain weight. Recently I had surgery and started sulking around and lost 10 lbs. Luckily in about a month in a half I gained 15 pounds and am no longer super skinny although my leg muscle is still missing from not being able to walk. Hopefully you can keep off the weight and stay healthy.

@trendingtimmy Yes, but I was probably on the verge of alcoholism. I wasn't addicted but it was a path I didn't want to go down.

I was drinking around 24-36+ beers a week.

Just by cutting out alcohol, I was consuming at least 500 less calories per day than normal. Then add cutting out junk food/ fast food (which I ate everyday) it was at least another 500-1000 calories less per day.

I did a major calorie deficit to begin with. This is something that is very unhealthy and not advised. I do know that it is used in the most extreme cases but its best to consult a nutritionist/doctor.

I have had a ton of experience in cutting weight since I was a wrestler for 10 years so I just went with what I knew my body would respond to.

Admittedly, I think that most of my weight was simply water retention and bloat from the alcohol/salt I was consuming on a daily basis.

That is my best guess

@acs04401 Well your progress is pretty inspiring. Not least for having the strength of mind to quit the booze and junk during one of the most stressful times many of us have ever experienced.

Keep at it and thanks for sharing your journey with us

@acs04401 Cutting out alcohol is what made a massive difference for me. I exercise 3-4 days a week and barely saw a difference. Then I finally decided to stop all beer, wine, EVERYTHING alcoholic and saw noticeable changes within a week. Not gonna lie though I definitely miss having a cold beer, but overall I've felt better since kicking the booze. Great job on the progress!!

@acs04401 Great job. You are a great example of how mental and physical health are interconnected, when one fails the other often follows and when one improves so does the other.

@acs04401 Thank you for posting this! I’ve been lurking as I muster up the motivation to start body weight workouts to continue my weight loss—this definitely helps. Especially appreciate your strategy to plank when food cravings came upon you—going to use that to sustain me as I continue/step up intermittent fasting. Thank you thank you! :)

@acs04401 Congrats, glad you’re pushing through and getting your fitness back!
Question. Did your visit to the doctor actually help at all? I’ve been yo-yo-ing a few years, but all my doctors ever do is tell me I need to lose weight. No plan, no actionable advice.

@caducus Thank you!

I went to a psychologist for my depression. I did not see a general physician for health issues.

It has helped me immensely. I figured the worst case scenario was it wouldn't work and I waste a little bit of time and money.

Best case scenario is that I don't feel awful everyday.

Go see a doctor! It'll help 😊

@acs04401 Isn’t is cool how losing weight actually makes you look BIGGER ?! Look at your shoulders and chest for example. You look MORE muscular at a lighter weight with muscles actually visible. Great progress man!!

Back