A question for runners with thick thighs

@nealpurdy Yes! They look much longer/baggier on the models than they do on my legs. Deep pockets and one waistband pocket! I only wish they had a zippered pocket!

@daseyui Thanks! I’m thinking about getting a pair. Now I have to figure out the size. It’s such a struggle for me. I wear large Nike shorts, size 10 jeans, and size medium academy brand leggings. I’m all over the place! 😂

@timothysir Thick thigh girl here 🙋🏻‍♀️

Def longer shorts will help. I got these Nike running shorts 3” that are perfect.
When I first bought them they rode up a little so I wore them with biker shorts underneath. As I lost a some weight by stopped rising up.

Biker shorts are a great solution

@1000388 This. Nike 3” are good. I also have found that CrossFit shorts for women often have some rubber around the inner thigh edges and that keeps them in place - try Reebok and google for other women’s CrossFit shorts.

@1000388 Yes! I wore bike shorts for my first marathon and they worked perfectly. The Nike Tempo shorts or similar styles always kinda bug me/cause chafing

@jcross I got a longer pair earlier today! Walking around they don’t seem to be riding Up or anything, so that’s good. We’ll see how they run though!

@lizcarmona Yup this. Ododos on Amazon are my wallet friendly holy Grail. Seriously they are so decent quality and true to size imo

ETA- I just run in them without shorts usually, but when I wear them I at least know my booty isn't gonna hang out. Very opaque as well

@lizcarmona Compression shorts or softball shorts are fantastic! My thighs used to chafe horribly when I started sweating during a run, I bought a pair of UA Softball shorts (they are essentially biking shorts with slight padding on the sides) and my world changed!

Back