A Year of Calisthenics and Powerlifting Progress (6'2", 200lbs, 19y/o - 3 years lifting, 1.5 specifically BWF Focused)

@james_conor When you get to heavier weights, the bar will eventually exceed the amount of grip you can apply with your fingers if you don't use a strap or a hook grip. If you hold in opposite directions, the bar will try to roll out of one hand but the other will then prevent that motion.

@faselina I trained it every session pretty much. Now every upper session. It's a skill so train whenever. I didn't take too complicated of an approach to straddle press either. Just trained it and pancake flexibility at least twice a week.

@dawn16 Personally I trained hamstring flexibility, straddle (opening my leg angle), butterfly, and middle splits. Then when I could fold flat I got someone to help me with a partner stretch. That got me to where just recently I got my chest down. I can be more detailed if you need. Elevate your butt if you can't fold flat.

@von20207777 This is awesome. Great job dude. Interested to see how much further you progress!! I've been doing 5/3/1 strictly for only 4 months now. I didn't think I could throw in bw but obviously it's doable!