Anyone run The Giant with other exercises?

@anojinzouningen I’ve been running it for a while now, about 9 months I guess. On off days I do lots of double front squats, like 90-120 reps with the same load I use for the c&p, along with a lot of chin-ups or rows, and some good loaded Carrie’s. I also walk a couple of miles almost every evening, and I play recreational hockey 1-2 times per week. On the 7th day of the week I do some sort of conditioning like kalsu or the sissy test from crossfit. I feel great, have really seen some great recomposition, and my general athleticism has improved for things I enjoy like hockey and mountain biking. Haven’t had a “day off” from working out for at least a year and a half. Super recommend.

@anojinzouningen I am currently doing the giant with same amount of double front squats, bench variation, dips and on off days swings, rows and some other stuff.

Also have done it with distance running on the off days.

@anojinzouningen on off days I do hit the bag on the giant days I add a lot of exercises like double front squats rdls loaded carries pull ups and rows I don't do all of the other stuff because I need them but more like because I want to do other stuff as well and I have a lot of goals that I want to achieve. I know if I only stuck to doing the giant and nothing else I would probably progress faster because I have a lot less to recover from but since I keep on progressing I am happy with I am doing.

@anojinzouningen I’m 37, pretty well conditioned, >15 training years. I’m doing the Giant right now, on week 6 (1.1) using a pair of 20s. On the off days, I have an ABA/BAB routine I do to keep my push-up and pull-up RMs comfortably high year-round for military PT testing. I’ll do a push and a pull + ab work, so something like 100-120 push-ups or dips, and BW/gorilla rows or pullups + abs.

It certainly adds fatigue but only you’ll be able to tell if it’s manageable or too much volume.

@tyke29 Hey! It’s a kettlebell program by Geoff Neupert. Really can’t recommend it enough if newer to KB’s or if looking for a minimalistic, straightforward workout that’s easy to adhere to and will yield results.

@anojinzouningen I did it with 20 mins c+p, 10 mins front squats using same rep scheme. Also, I did on/off every two days with ballistics, whatever I wanted. So day 1 - giant/day 2 - conditioning/ day 3 - giant and so on. It worked really well.