APP to track csft calories n HR

wuodnyawasi

Hey, guys! I'm looking for an app where I can track my heart rate and calories burned in a crossfit workout.
Used to use Fitiv but the app just lemme down not syncing my workouts properly and I've just had it. Not paying for that anymore.
I have a Samsung phone and a Samsung Watch.
Ty in Advance!

@wuodnyawasi Optical heart rate sensors won’t track your HR (and thus calories) accurately during CrossFit workouts. For the rough estimate you can use any one of the workout apps available.

@wuodnyawasi The way OHR monitors work is: they shine a light (green) through your skin and measure the reflection that comes from the top veins to measure your pulse.

When you do sports where you are moving a lot, or the muscles in your forearms get “pump”, the measures become inaccurate. Your veins get smaller and there might be light leaking, so the reflections aren’t as clear. Also since they don’t measure your heart rate, but your pulse, they don’t catch up as fast to your HR spiking (rising or lowering).

@wuodnyawasi If you want accurate measurements, a chest strap is your only option. The best IMO is Polar H10, but Garmin also has few good options.

If you just want to measure the calories, the watch can give you a rough estimate. But it won’t be correct due to the inaccuracy.

Back