At 42, it took a pandemic to get me going...but I’m about 8 weeks in and loving it

@jaxy I wish I had some military focus, I can imagine this is a huge Benefit for you. And I agree, I wish I had never stopped....

But you know what, fuck it, we can’t go back but we can dam well learn. I’m ok with the back 9 being my better half!

Liquor hasn’t been an issue for me as I’m not a big drinker....for me it’s the doobies...followed by the munchies...but I’m working on it.

@bellec
But you know what, fuck it, we can’t go back but we can dam well learn. I’m ok with the back 9 being my better half!

Absolutely! I've been reading about and watching videos of guys over 40 getting shredded, and it's keeping me motivated to start pushing harder.

I used to really like beer, so that was a big issue, and I'm still fighting the spare tire in my midsection from it. My other problem is portion control. I have a real hard time recognising when I'm full and stopping. Then it's about eating correctly.

Good on you, man, keep it up and good luck!

@bellec wow, this has inspired me.. that's incredible your progress! going from 7 pushups TOTAL to that 7-set day in 5 weeks, wow man!

@bellec Awesome job on focusing on making incremental changes by gradually focusing on the fitness aspect first, instead of trying to go all gung-ho; flipping the entire table by trying to crash diet and workout like a freak all at the same time, which is doomed to failed 99.999% of the time.

Getting in shape and staying in shape is a matter of making a lifestyle out of it, and the implementation has to be sustainable.

Great job.

@plans4good This has definitely been my kind of mantra

1 day at a time and little by little. I knew I wouldn’t make it this far if I went nuts.

I’m lucky that my main crew of buddies and I have all been friends for 30+ years and they’ve jumped into it with me or have been a major support system. They know exactly who and how I am so we’ve all been great at keeping each other on track, and how to get us back on track if we’ve wavered

@trutta 100% the same type. I’ve gone through what I’m doing now in my head for years. Just wake up one day, don’t even think about it and just do anything...by the next week you will be thinking about stuff to add or change. Walking has been awesome as well, just leave you place and go wherever, turn back when you’re tired.

I wish you all the best on your upcoming success

@bellec Love to hear this, keep grinding and keep us all
updated on progress!

I just got my dad to start doing body weight exercises after years of him neglecting his fitness

@bellec Best is yet to come once you start also focusing on diet. Diet is where you really lose weight, and losing weight make a huge difference on a lot of these exercises, especially cardio performance.

@eq1981 I was thinking that today....man 17-20 would be a lot easier if I was 250...at 225 I can’t even imagine.

I’ve been thinking about Intermittent Fasting but I need to do a little more research before giving it a go.

I like the idea though of limiting my eating times before moving into anything strict....and even then I don’t see myself being strict, more logical and reasonable is what I’m working towards.

@bellec Another great first step is drinking water instead of soda/other sugar drinks. I was big on sweet tea years ago and lost some pounds by just dropping that.

@bellec Intermittent Fasting works! I do the 16/8 version where you don’t eat for 16 hours. I start right after dinner every day. I use an app on my iPhone called Simple where you can track your meals, water intake, etc. I lost 5 pounds in a week!

@bellec I used keto to curb my appetite and lost 50~ lbs in 3 months with no exercise (250 to 200). Its amazing how super human you feel when you realize how much more you can do with 50lbs gone. Sugar/carbs and over eating even when I wasn’t hungry was my issue so keto helped a lot in basically completely removing my cravings.