Best Plate Loaded Pin for 2 Hand KB Swings?

jesuslover57

I don't have huge hands so I think this must be a pretty normal thing, but I can't fit my pinky fingers in the window of a competition bell for 2-handed swings and I don't like putting my pinky fingers outside the horns or pointed straight on top of the horns. I don't want to buy a bunch of non-comp bells solely for doing two-handed swings. It seems like the best solution is a plate loaded "power pin" style handle. Is there any consensus on which power pin/t-handle is the best on the market? Some options I investigated:

Titan: I read @gaconvn 's excellent review of the Titan Power Pin, but it looks like it has since been discontinued. Titan is still making the loadable kettlebell loop handle style power pin, but based on @gaconvn's review I think I would prefer a t-style handle for the reduced height/better balance. They're also selling a "Hexagon T-Bell System" but the t-handle for this is knurled which sounds terrible.

Rogue: Doesn't recommend using their Power Pin for swings. Specifically, customer service said there is a risk that the safety pin that holds the handle to the loading pin would break or disconnect during swings and cause an injury. This seems VERY unlikely to me, but I'm not

Mike Bartos Power Pin: The leading contender right now. Kurtlocker did a YT review on what I think was the first edition of this product ~2 years ago that was generally pretty positive. My biggest concern is that Kurt mentioned needing to widen his swing stance to accommodate the 12" wide handle. I called Mike and he said the handle on the current model is 11" wide, but he could cut it down if I was willing to wait longer for the product. @gaconvn said a 10" handle was slightly on the wide side for him, so I am leaning towards asking for a 9.5" wide handle (maybe 9"?), which would provide 2" for the width of the loading pin and ~3.75" for my hands on either side (actual hand width is ~3.5" across the palm and slightly less at fingers where I'd be gripping it)

Anyway, just thought I would share my research and see if anybody had any additional ideas, suggestions, or feedback. Hope it's helpful to somebody.

https://preview.redd.it/gny0snmfi69...bp&s=06c7febc1ea9c02fe737d5eed58fdd924e5e761b

@jesuslover57 Hey cool!

The 10” wide handle was fine for me. For someone with a more..stout build it might be annoying but it would all be workable.

That Titan hex system looks neat. Pricey but neat. The knurling I don’t think would be a big deal for swings, can also just tape it.

Since I got a 64kg bell I very rarely use my t-handle. It’s just so much easier to use with no set up. Once in a while I’ll bust it out for very heavy work but it’s more a novelty now since I bought the 64kg. But I still think it’s a great product and I got a ton of use out it. Maybe you can check the second hand market for other offerings?

@gaconvn Hey, thanks for your original review! I hope your 64 kg bell has a handle width adequate for not crushing your pinky fingers with that much weight? I don't expect to do much heavy swing work because I'm mostly a barbell guy in search of cardio I don't hate, but I'm not familiar enough with non-competition bells to know if they solve the finger space issue or not (and if so, at what weight bell). I am kettlebell curious though!

Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the Bartos Power Pin and Mike said he'd cut it down to 9.25" for me. I'm sure that'll be fine for 2-handed swings, and hopefully the swings are less miserable than running.