When working out 3 times a week what is the best number of exercises per each day? 6? 8? 10?

@dawn16 Ok so you’re initial comment is very oddly worded almost had me questioning if English was first language. But okay yea makes sense three years of steady gains and proper regimen adaptation. If you diet was on point up until now you’d probably be getting a few years out from genetic limits. Regardless it’s clear your an intermediate if not advanced lifter. Especially when someone drops mind muscle you know they’ve put in the years. Takes dudes forever to realize turning off your brain and exerting is suboptimal training form even if everything looks right. As progress slow for veteran lifters and get more plateaus you see experienced lifters learn to pay attention to grip and deep form and the feeling of muscle pull and exertion where it’s supposed to be. Blindly rowing 80s is probably just as effective as mind muscle reps with 50 lbs. after I learned mind muscle I finally got my back to explode since I had spent years over building biceps and they were killing my back training by compensating and as a younger lifter you think as long as you’re moving weight with okay form it’s good enough and big dudes talking about form are just showing off.

@jerrykit Exactly. I know dudes with horrible form but they have such good mind to muscle connection they still grow. I was lifting too heavy for too long and on my third year I had to go back to the basics and train very easy and light to learn that connection, I don’t always get it though but I’m getting better. Sorry about my first comment, I had a hard time figuring out how to word all that.

@dawn16 Nah no apologies needed i was just in shock like fuck some poor dude actually stayed consistent and got nothing for three years so had to clarify. Lol mind muscle is like the everyone learns to lift twice once when they start and again when they peak lmao

@bingsta Doesn't matter, it's about volume per muscle group depending on the split. My leg day has 4 exercises, my push day has 6 or 4 sometimes depending on how many sets per exercise.

@bingsta I do 4 compound lifts, 1 for each (chest, back, lower body, shoulders)
Then add 2-3 accessories for my weakpoints.
Arms day on a saturday cos I'll get bored if I have 2 consecutive rest days.

@bingsta Depends on how advanced you are, what's your split, how well can you recover and what are the exercises you're doing.
Working the full body, doing compounds you can go as low as 3 and by adding isolation you can go up to 7

@bingsta 18 to 24 sets per workout. Depends how advanced you are and how heavy or light the exercises. Do as much as you can do with good effort. If you see yourself fluffing around by the end, you're probably doing too much.

@honoringintimates I'm a beginner to say the least. 37yo skinny fuck with colitis who just picked up weights for the first time 6 weeks ago.

Doing about 6 to 8 "exercise" per work out day. I've for sure been adding weight over this past 6 weeks and its been awesome to see a little improvement.

Its been overwhelming jumping into this world with the shear amount of information on the topic. I've read that you do want to workout to failure, and then I've read you do not want to workout until failure and I've also read you want to workout just before failure.

With all of this being so brand new, I just want to develop good habits.

Thanks for the response.

@bingsta Don't overthink stuff. Measure your progress in weight and track your workouts. If you're making progress, keep doing what you're doing.

The most important things are good technique and progress in reps and weight. Focus on chasing these things with passion and don't overthink stuff you don't need to.

@bingsta I run a Full Body split x3 a week since I do 12 hour shifts at my job. It takes around 2.5-3 hours but if that is too long then there’s a way to tweak it which I’ll explain.

The full routine:
* Hack Squat: 5 sets x 8 reps
* Barbell Bench: 5 sets x 8 reps
* Incline Chest Machine: 3 sets x 10 reps
* Prone Hamstring Curls: 3 sets x 10 reps
* Seated Leg Extensions: 3 sets x 10 reps
* Lat Pulldown superset w Cable Rows: 5 sets x 10 reps
* Overhead Press Machine: 4 sets x 10 reps
* Lateral Raises: 3 sets x 10 reps
* Tricep Extensions: 3 sets x 10 reps
* Bicep Curls: 3 sets x 10 reps
* Weighted Abdominal Crunches: 5 sets x 10 reps

For a shortened version to make it 1.5hrs, you can either superset, take 1-2 sets out or simply not do these exercises:
* Incline Chest Machine
* Lateral Raises
* Tricep Extensions
* Bicep Curls

For each exercise, I prioritize having full range of motion and keeping tension at the bottom. I start extremely light during my 1st warm up set and gradually increase the weight with each working set. I rest for 60-90 seconds in between sets.

Bench press example:
* 1st set warm up: Bar x 8 reps
* 2nd set: 95lbs x 8 reps
* 3rd set: 135lbs x 8 reps
* 4th set: 155lbs x 8 reps
* 5th set: 185lbs x 8 reps
* 6th set 205lbs x 8 reps @ RPE6.5

I keep track of what working set weight I started and ended with which allows me to implement progressive overload as I gain weight/get stronger.

The 🔑 is lifting very LIGHT to compensate for the volume as well as to prevent compromising proper form. (The last set should feel like an RPE6 - 7)

As time goes on, I will attempt to add 2.5lbs-5lbs to every working set when I can properly execute the exercise. If I do encounter resistance, then I keep the same weight until the plateau is broken.

Yes I do this every time I go the gym. Good luck!

Back