Body fat is too damn high - tips to get it down?

@babablacksheep I'm guessing you're female? 29% body fat for a woman isn't fat and if you were happy with yourself before you were weighed then you're a victim of diet culture. If you're not weight lifting atm then fair enough it's good to start, focus on compound lifts 2 to 3 times a week and go from there. Unless you were weighed professionally with a body pod take you're reading with a pinch of salt

@babablacksheep My apologies! Strength training is your best bet don't be afraid to lift heavy :) if you have the cash hiring a trainer is worth it just don't go with anyone who recommends cutting out entire food groups. The benefit of a trainer is they will help you make sure your form is good.

@dreamylala Yes I think I’ll be doing that. I want to get to a healthy spot first. Calorie wise I’ll just maintain or maybe eat up. A bit to try to bulk. I tried bulking before but realized I was meant to maintain protein intake daily not just on work out days so missed out on some serious gains.

@babablacksheep I'd eat at maintenance and make sure you get 1-1.5 g of protein per kg weight and see where you are in three months. Your weight is healthy so you're in a good position and like I said take those measurements with a pinch of salt.

@babablacksheep I mean no disrespect (and also apologize if this has already been addressed), but is your beer belly actually from beer? And, if so, could you take an extended period of time off from drinking to see how that affects you?