Body fat is too damn high - tips to get it down?

@babablacksheep Find a solid weight lifting program you enjoy, and get on a small calorie deficit imo. If you're new to weights you'll make solid progress even if on a deficit. Clean up the diet and alcohol needs to go for a while until you get the hang of things, if you're serious about this.

@babablacksheep My one advice would be stay patient and be kind to yourself as you're in the process of losing fat.

You'll go through rocky times but it's normal and expected...part of the terroritory

@babablacksheep Start consistently weight training every other day squat one day then rest then front squat next day then rest and repeat. You can do other exercises too. Squatting consistently will pack the most muscle up very quick and also make your core thicker in a good muscular way.

As for diet only don’t worry for now. Your a beginner and will pack on strength very quickly without worrying about diet for first 3 to six months maybe longer.

Sooner or later it will be a good idea to worry about calories.

Don’t worry about protein just eat lost of Oats peanutbutter quinoa.

Source myself check my page out

@jbradguy23 There is no way I can do that haha my stomach won’t handle it!! That’s like 8 cups of quinoa a day cooked right. I can do lots of protein powder though. I honestly have no clue how people each so much but guess it is just building up over time

@babablacksheep Yes it could be tough to eat for sure

And yes your stomache will expand to eat more.

Adding less water to cook quinoa will make it easier to eat.

Also a weight gainer shake I use a lot is 2 cups of Oates measured dry soaked over night.

Add 6 big spoons of peanutbutter. Add water mix up in blender add bananas or whatever else you’d like.

It will be 2500 calories or more

Only bulk and focus on diet after you started making lots of progress in gym

Like maybe when your at 280 to 250 pound squat

Then focus on diet

I’f you bulk right away your more likely to gain more fat but still you’ll gain strength and muscle

@babablacksheep So I'm imagining what your describing as skinny fat. Many guys in the same position try to recomp/maingain etc. The best thing you can do for yourself is bulk, build the base and then cut from there. If your making a marble statue you, you need the raw amount of marble to chisel down with.

When you bulk, you'll keep almost all the muscle you built, and easily lose the fat you gained (which can be mitigated by performing bulk properly). If you cut atm with no substantial muscle, you'll be eating like a bird, with a low TDEE. To name a few. Revival fitness on youtube goes more into depth, I'd recommend his info.

@babablacksheep I am a man that is 5 foot 8 inches and 145 and I am not fat at all. I do have lots of excess skin because I am 120 pounds lighter than I was 10 years ago, but if I get much smaller I won't be able to find clothes that fit me. Are you a woman? Why do you think you are fat?

Back