Body transformation 4 years

@fgeh I’ve been there myself in the past year, my little one is 10 months now. It gets a lot easier as they establish a routine and start sleeping through the night. I’m probably in the best shape now that I’ve ever been so it’s definitely possible!

@mqusqire It gets easier sleep wise once they get older, but not to discourage, but you start to get sick ALL the time. I have two under 6 years old, and once they get past about a year old, kids pick up germs like everywhere, and you have to do stuff with other kids, so there’s so many germs all the time.

Not to sound too negative lol, but we have been nearly sick all the time, for like the last two years lol. And we’ve probably had COVID at least five times. Makes training almost impossible most the time. But I’m hoping it will get better as they get older and build more immunity

@drewz Really not to sound patronizing to you, but given your age, not sure you understand that when having a kid, your life is no longer your own. So I’m sure 100% of his time is taken up with a baby who now controls his schedule.

You’ve done a great job though. How tall are you?

@drewz Well your metabolism slows down a lot, T levels are dropping, you sleep less, recovery takes longer (from training and injury).

So I wouldn't call it 'very easy'. But it has little to do with age, I guess. If it were easy everybody would do it. But they're not, so it's not.

@sunshine444 Ah, appreciate the source! I was just looking at the graphs. But I kind of read them wrong, it seems.

Let us compare a female and a male both 21 years of age. The female has a Height of 1.68 m, weight 58 kg and a surface area of 1.66 m2, whereas the male values are:1.8 m, 76 kg and 1.95 m2. Calculations from the values read at Fig. 20-5 result in BMRs of 70 and 90 Watts, respectively. Now, let the couple live for 50 healthy years maintaining height and weight. At the age of 71, their BMRs are reduced to 60 and 75 Watts, respectively.

(source)

So that's about a drop of 17% if my math is correct (don't think so, but close enough). Not insignificant, but that's over 50 years. That's 0.34% drop per year.

@arrows That’s just basal metabolic rate, just what your body spends existing, so a 17% drop isn’t as significant as it seems - your tdee, total daily energy expenditure which also includes energy spent on physical activity and on breakdown food, isn’t likely to change significantly for a given level of physical activity.