Body transformation 4 years

@drewz I’m not him. Just answering your question. It’s scientifically more difficult with less testosterone. So you’re off to a great start. Keeping is way easier than building after a certain age

@cathy100 It’s almost like you’re defending the idea that working out is hard and people should make excuses.
Maybe you aren’t, but sounds like it

@arrows It's not as easy but very achievable. Like OP says, consistency is the most important thing. I'm 53, do 30 mins of strength training 6 days a week and (I'm told) look great. Most importantly, I feel great. Just do it.

@dawn16
We do it not because it is easy, but because it is hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone.

And thanks for the encouragement, but I've already been doing it for a while now, and has been a major contributor to my general quality of life and overall happiness. Don't see myself stopping soon.

@drewz Hi, among other skills, have you also learned the L sit? I'm currently working on it, and so far I can hold 20 sec on parallel bars with legs tucked.

I was wondering if you have any tips that would speed up the process of achieving the full L sit. And congrats on your transformation, it's very admirable!

@drewz Currently I do upper lower split and on lower body day I do the exercises for L sit + some core and squats, in this order:

L sit practice - 3 sets of tuck L sit

4x8 assisted shrimp squats

3x10 pallof press

3x10 good mornings

3 sets of hyperextension exercises focused on hips

Hanging leg raises, I try to do them with straight legs but sometimes do tucked.

With this routine I can see progress in mobility, like with the leg raises where I wasn't able to do them with straight legs before but now can.

@denise123 I am also working on L-sit progressions and can hold a proper L-sit for 15 seconds.
In my case I need to train the hip flexors to be able to hold up my straight legs for longer, gain flexibility in my hamstrings to be able to get legs further up than a 90 degree angle and last but not least when that is achieved I could do with some more core strength.
If you’re struggling with the straight legs you can start by alternating between bent legs and straight legs, or straightening left and then right etc.

@denise123 L-sit is a balance between hip flexor strength and hamstring flexibility. One is trying to overcome the other. If you’re doing tucked now, try extending one leg at a time for 5 seconds and then switch. Once you can do single leg extended for 10 seconds each, try partially extending both legs and again, aim for 5 seconds.