Brooke Wells to HWPO

@jobob_0 I feel that at this point, training camps are becoming more of propaganda for their business. Look at Brent Fikowski, for instance; he trains alone every day, all day. Sometimes, he goes to a facility where there are some high-caliber athletes, and that's it.

I do still think it’s interesting because we tend to see more of the trainers' coaching side of things through their YouTube videos. But for me, it doesn’t matter anymore. It’s either you have it, or you don’t.

She has it, but like the comment said above, it’s all between the ears. Mental toughness is a make-or-break factor in this sport."

@jr4575 At this point?

Camps exist to fleece the muppets with generic programs and a hashtag from a fast exerciser like Mat or Rich or whoever.

Your gym colleagues will be so impressed when you say you’re doing Mayhem SuperGains 3000. They won’t even notice your 155 snatch because you’re doing mayhem SuperGains 3000. Get started today. If Jesus had a trainer, it would be Rich Froning. Sign up now!”

It’s all so silly. Fikowski trains alone. So does Adler. Emily Rolfe trains in a parking spot and at 33 years old is still killin it. Arielle loewen? Garage

It’s not just Mayhem. If hwpo spent as much time on developing athletes as they do on social media production, maybe they wouldn’t have looked so stupid at the games. Hopper dropped 25 places. That’s hard to do. But they did it.

@thunderstruck Agree. I coach and we’ve changed programming like 3 times in the past 6 months. , Comp, Deka and now Mayhem because members will complain that they want this training and that training because they see clips on YouTube or IG. Meanwhile my GF and I, who is also a coach do Cal Strength for lifting and a mix of JB and our own stuff for workouts and have been for years and members are constantly asking who we use and how they can get it etc. our response is just pick something and stick with it. You need consistency not to change very 3 months

@thunderstruck The thing is, the top-tier athletes aren’t doing their competitive track programming and if they are that’s a huge red flag because you’d assume they’re doing somewhat individualized programming.

I don’t necessarily think the video production or marketing should have a large effect on athlete performance since it’s not as if Hopper is making and editing his own vlogs but the point stands.

At the end of the day, the camps are a marketing tool and potentially a way for the athletes to be compensated by the camp from the funds their marketing brings in instead of working at Starbucks or holding another coaching job etc.

Back