Building lean muscle / raw foods

mrshunny

Hey all, I've been vegan for going on seven years.
I'm still in the "if it has no animal products I'll eat it" boat, haven't dedicated the time to developing more healthy eating habits -- I rely too heavily (for my comfort) on imitations and I consume too much sugary stuff.
I would very much like to start leaning toward raw foods, or steamed and way less processed foods/imitations, but I'm afraid I'll get bored of raw food and dread eating.

I was in gymnastics as a kid and later as an adult was in kickboxing for a bit, doing strength training and sparring about 4x a week for about 6 months or so.
I have a pretty thin, athletic build, and I seem to bulk up easily, which is what I don't want.
I'd like to shave off body fat and stack on lean muscle. (Not suuuuper concerned about body fat, but it'd be a nice perk)

I'm a 36 y/o woman and don't want to look like a WWF wrestler, but still want to put on muscle, as I work in metal fabrication and have to lift and squat a bunch of heavy stuff (today was a 20' 4"x4" .025 wall tube, and I struggled).

For reference, I'm 5'9" and weigh around 135 lbs.

Any advice on raw foods/recipes that won't make me get bored of eating, and any advice on building lean muscle without looking like Starla from Napoleon Dynamite, would be awesome.

(I've tried googling it in the past, and thanks to ADHD I can't focus on reading to save my life if it's not riveting, my brain refuses).

@mrshunny Excellent. What I do is set out a schedule no workout days I make foods such as jambalaya, tempeh/beans chilli with corn on the cob, tempeh tacos, black bean enchiladas, miso soup, pasta with tempeh tomato sauce, for desserts I do chia seeds puddings and make shakes, banana bread bites, stuffed potato, chickpea garlic mushroom soup. Pre workout meals I make pumpkin porriage, fruit salad, kiwi sorbet, chocolate banana pancakes.