Consistently terrible F45 results

@nasa321 I will echo a lot of these things.

F45 is not great for building muscle, it’s really great for defining muscle, but in my opinion it should be tagged on to a push pull leg day split 5-6 days a week and treat it as if it’s your cardio for the day.

Doing this and focusing in on a 400 calorie deficit a day / 3L of water a day / 1g per pound of Protein and I will say that F45 has completely changed me in such a short time. Everyone is different but F45 has been the biggest change in my routine in the past month and when I posted a comparison picture I had a few friends ask if I started taking roids XD

I know fitness and health can be frustrating to do all the right things but I do agree with folks that the lack of changes is from other pieces of the puzzle missing. I’d say try to cover all these things for 2 months and re-analayze:

-F45 class 5x a week
-Push / Pull / Leg or any strength training variation 5x a week
- track your food and find a deficit that feels right for you and remember to adjust it weekly based on your weigh in
- 3L of water a day
- 0.8-1g of protein per pound of body weight

And a big one I find to help with fluctuation, don’t eat/drink 4 hours before bed, and weigh yourself after you go to the bathroom each morning. I struggle with water retention a lot and had this same frustration as you and I felt that to actually get a somewhat accurate measurement, picking a time to stop eating well before I’d be waking up helped with that quite a bit

@nasa321 This is why I'm against fast paced classes for most people looking to change body composition. I'm not sure what F45 is but if it's circuit training or anything that is fast paced using relatively low weight or entirely body weight it's not uncommon to get pretty poor results in my experience. If you're in a caloric deficit you can lose weight but you can lose weight in a deficit with zero intense exercise. People need to understand that you don't need to do intense exercise to get results. I think for OP we're seeing the result of having the wrong expectations for a given training style. This is why I usually tell people new to exercise to avoid HIIT. Anything with consistency can work and is better than nothing but it's important to have realistic results.

@nasa321 Here I'll write you a program. When you eat, only eat half of what you usually eat and throw the rest away/ give to family members etc.

Back