CrossFit, LLC price hike - What if?

"About a week ago both me and Dani received this “gym owner survey” in our emails.⁠

⁠It asked a bunch of “basic gym owner questions” then turned into asking VERY CrossFit gym owner specific questions ... basically about different franchising models 🫠

And - mainly - what we’d be interested in paying to keep our “affiliation” with CrossFit.⁠"

@grace4nan This is a very interesting what if. I do know for a fact that HQ would likely go in any other direction before doing that.

A 'garage' style affiliation is in the talks and it would look something like a bracket payment system based on memberships and revenue/cost of the affiliate.

Back to the what if: HQ and Affiliates have the cure to the worlds most vexing problem. Either way you look at that scenario, peoples lives are priceless, hence worth the investment for their health.

@grace4nan Here is another fact, hundreds of affiliates started as garage gyms.

"Doing the right things for the right people for the right reasons."

I believe there have been people who's lives have been changed forever and for the better because of the health benefits of CrossFit. Sharing something so important is an unstoppable force. That's a positive thing. No harm, no foul.

@grace4nan You’re talking about a multi billion dollar company (4m according to Google). Millions here and their isn’t going to cut it. Even if you did the maximum you suggest.

350,000 x10 = 3.5m
14,000 x 500 = 7m
I don’t even know where to start with coaching profits but even if it’s 10m (which seems unlikely)

you still aren’t even at 1%

@dawn16
multi billion dollar company

You misread it. 4 billion is cited as the whole 'crossfit' market segment with all the companies revenue (including Rogue).

CrossFit, LLC is somewhere under 100 million annual revenue.

@grace4nan Most gyms that have been around a few years don’t need the CrossFit name. Marketing your gym locally + the community you’ve already built will be far more than enough. The only people the name benefits is brand new start from scratch affiliates.

Back