[D] Applying Mike Mentzer method in full body workouts

@berk Mentzers training methods were different than the other guys where he focused more on weight than reps. Modern bodybuilding training methods stem from mentzers methods right? Also Mentzer should've won mr olympia but Arnolds friends were the judges. Even tom platz recognises that. Mentzer had about the same muscle mass as Arnold. Idk why I expected people from bodyweightfitness to know anything about bodybuilding ngl. Also steroids dont mean he didnt work hard

@dalytec
Modern bodybuilding training methods stem from mentzers methods right?

No.

Also Mentzer should've won mr olympia but Arnolds friends were the judges.

I have no idea how anyone could look at a picture of Mentzer next to Schwarzenegger and think that Mentzer should have won.

Idk why I expected people from bodyweightfitness to know anything about bodybuilding ngl

Are you talking about yourself? You know people can be interested in different aspects of strength training and bodybuilding, right?

@berk "I have no idea how anyone could look at a picture of Mentzer next to Schwarzenegger and think that Mentzer should have won."

Its not just some people, pro lifters also think Mike should've won.

@dalytec You talk like mentzer invented lifting heavy. He didnt. His entire schtick was one set is all you need. Today everybody lifts extemely heavy for multiple sets.

@withhope2022 I do PPL fullbody session and I try to follow his method basically with some twists
- 2 sets (not include warmup)
- 4.5 ~ 5 mins rest between sets
- To failure, then the next partial/broken rep, I try to hold for as long as possible until failure at the hightest tension point
- Done

I work out only after 4 to 5 days with walking on rest days. So far I feel like I do get stronger on the next workout.

@withhope2022 What's your goal with your workout? I like the overall idea behind what he did and use some of the concepts but I found some tweaks made it a bit more viable long-term.

@withhope2022 Guys, steroids keep protein synthesis elevated for week or even more for every muscle worked out. If you are natty your protein synthesis is highest 3 hours after muscule failure and after that it’s drastically going down, and just a next day it’s significantly lower. That’s why working out 1 day a week could work, but only if you take steroids.