Dating while being petite and overweight

jodi1028

YALL.

I (5’1, CW: 157, GW: 140) have a date Wednesday. With a boy who I think is out of my league😩he’s 6’0 and looks fine as hell with Theo James lips🫣 I KNOW this is stupid yall, but I’m in my head bad. My gut isn’t right, I’m 18lbs from my goal weight. 7lbs away from the weight that makes me feel like a bad bitch and I’m about to cancel on this man🥲 don’t even get me started on the fact that I’m extra nervous because he’s white and I’m black👀

We matched on bumble. So obviously we’ve never met in person and I’m scared he’s going to take one look at me and just bail lmao

Help me out yall. I know better, I promise I know better, buuuut insecurity is a bitch😭

How are y’all out here dating while being active in your fitness journeys?

@jodi1028 Nobody is out of anybody's league!

He obviously liked your photo/blurb enough on Bumble to match with you, so keep that in mind! Just try to have fun, and remember that it's just as much about YOU liking HIM.

@jodi1028 He matched with you, he presumably likes what he sees, if your pictures are accurate you shouldn’t be nervous!

Also, do you really wanna date someone for whom 7lbs is a deal breaker? I could gain 7lbs in 2 weeks then lose it the next 2 weeks. If 7lbs was an issue I would constantly be breaking up and getting back together with guys 😂

@singerlady You’re absolutely right!! Like I said, it’s very much in my head. I absolutely know that if someone don’t want me now, they don’t deserve me when I feel my best. It’s my first date in 9 months, so I’m a bit spooked😅

@jodi1028 my fiancé met me when i was at my heaviest, we clicked and after a while i decided to take care of my health because i loved him and wanted to see him for a long long life. he’s seen me at my worst and he’s so fucking supportive of my journey. a real man, a real good person, will see you for you and support you being healthy. at the end of the day, have fun!!!!! you deserve to enjoy life even when you’re not at your goal weight lmao

@cocoamoteddy “You deserve to enjoy life even when you’re not at your goal weight.” Thank you for that reminder and for sharing the story of you and your fiancé. I love that💜

@jodi1028 GO HAVE FUN!

Get out of your head. He likes you! Go in there with the same level of confidence you have when you feel your best and knock his socks off!