Dealing with the modern fitness industry

@dawn16 You’re picking a single thing to try to combat the point I made? What about the dozens of other things an enhanced athlete can and do put in their body? And how many people actually need HRT at the age of 18-21? (which is the age that OP is talking about) can you provide evidence that the overwhelming majority need it?

@muin496 That's if we assume they are putting "dozens of other things" in their body.

I asked one question and your trying to answer it with another.

@dawn16 There is plenty of evidence that exesive weight gain leads to heart problems. You ever hear of Google? Your heart has to pump your blood about an extra 7 miles for every pound you gain.

@mamabdog I look at it the other way. I train for myself and long term health, and people who abuse gear end up losing in the long run. Also, the best part of being natural is when someone asks you if you're natural with the assumption you may not be. Reaching that point and being able to answer honestly for me was the highlight of my fitness journey so far, even if it took years longer than someone on gear. Also I can just laugh at them and at the idea of being 144lbs on gear.

@mamabdog So you do know that everything on the internet is basically bullshit, right? People that look just unbelievable are usually genetically well off, they also pay and work for it. Brah, I'm 38 and trust me keep doing this you will look 100x better than 99% of the 38 year-old male pop once you're here and also realize that all that youtube stuff is garbage. Don't get r/Instagramreality -ed.

I personally get inspired not by the people on some IG account but the amazing athletes with great how-to-build muscle and the body videos. Be who you are and work out to feel good.

@martinly Fuck yes, this. Compare yourself to the average male not the elite and you'll see life in a totally new light. Also the older you get the easier it becomes to be in that 99% so just keep being consistent year after year and reap all the health / image / pussy benefits for the long term

@mamabdog Remember why you start lifting, and why it continues to be your passion. Keep in mine things like aesthetics, physical appearance etc will only lasts for so long. We are all organic materials that will eventually grow old. If all of a sudden the physical appearance factor is out of the window, will you still continue to lift?

Keep in mind those instagram dudes that you are talking about are all trying so hard to fit into the typical “popular narrative” that people envy.
Then all of a sudden they will realize

1.) Nothing is fulfilling and emotional when you have been smashing girls/partying 24/7 rinse and repeat

2.) They have been ignoring their emotional needs. The feeling of something missing. (Will they be confident if no one is giving them attention?)

In regards to taking gear, I think you as an adult should make responsible decisions. Be responsible and educate yourself if you are choosing to take gear. Maybe hire a professional coach that can guide you. Don’t ask your gym bros for gear hook ups. Know your limits, and be very careful.

Also the most important thing.... you can still look like shit if you think gear is this miracle juice. If you are on gear, it is more important to be 100% with diet/training. Your body can only handle being on juice for some amount of time (before your internal organs had enough stress), so use that time wisely.

And trust me... once you are juicing, more dudes will be staring at you than girls.

@mamabdog I won't lie to you and say getting attention from women isn't a nice side effect of lifting but that should be of smaller importance than the love of growing your body like a plant, the discipline and the reward that comes with it having it, and having more knowledge of lifting than the majority of the guys you see at the gym roided out or not.

Also the health consequences should not be ignored. They definitely will pay for them, you just won't physically see it

@mamabdog Yo just reading some of these comments reminds me why I love Natural Bodybuilding. There is some solid advice from each one of these (presumably) guys.

I'll add my 2 cents. Follow naturals who dedicated their lives to Natty BB with other jobs/careers. Liam (the Shredder), Alberto Nunez, A J Morris, Steve Hall (Revive Stronger), Jeff Alberts (3DMJ Godfather), Shreddy Krueger (forgot his real name lol), etc. These are the top of naturals, some because of genetics, but most because they have undeniable long term vision and sustained dedication and passion for Natural BB.

Those "GymShark sponsored" 18-26 year olds with absurd and freaky physiques are short term thinkers. They hopped on at a young age in an effort to chase the highs from lifting from clout. These lifestyles are NEVER what they seem. Develop who YOU are, dont focus on what they are doing or what you should be doing. To echo my brother above me, BB is about growth, not external validation.

@mamabdog Here’s the deal: they are not living your dream. What do you think they will look like 2, 3, 5, 10 years from now? Think they’ll be a pro bodybuilder? Think they’ll even be close to 10% body fat? Think their diet will be on track?

I’m 21, I compete in the NPC. I’m natural but do untested shows as well. I see plenty of guys younger than me on SARMs. I see them add 10-15lbs. Then I either see them lose it in 6 months, or see them on snap at the hospital with liver problems- or testicle pain. Some who are dedicated will of course continue to grow if they use PEDs properly and as responsibly as a young person can.

There’s nothing wrong with taking a PED at 21. Nobody has a golden rule on whether or not you’re morally allowed to do in terms of steroids. If you accept the risk, it’s nobody’s decision than your own (assuming it’s legal where you are.)

Maybe you should reconsider what your “dream” is. I might get hate for this, but have you ever thought about your genetic potential? I’m natural and I surpass every peer that’s on PEDs because I have freak genetics. The problem isn’t really that these kids take PEDs, the problem is that now everyone else expects the same results while natural.