DIY protein/health shake?

ticketwebsite

Hey y'all,

I've been drinking Vega shakes (e.g., the essentials) and while I love them, they're expensive. Do any of you make your own DIY concoctions? What are your recipes and where do you get your ingredients?

@ticketwebsite It doesn’t help right now, but I use Slickdeals to set a deal alert for vegan protein powders & bars, then but whatever on steep sales. Over the past few years I haven’t paid more than 50% of the cost for my powders!

@ticketwebsite My recipe is: 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, 1 scoop (36 g) protein powder (mine is soy/pea/rice mix), 1 banana, 150 g frozen blueberries or strawberries, 50 g frozen kale

Macros are 370 cal, 36 g protein.

It’s not too sweet, so you can add sugar, maple syrup, or another banana if you need to make it less bland. You can also remove the banana for higher protein to calorie ratio.

@ticketwebsite Purchase the 12 pack of lightly sweetened vanilla soy milk at Costco. Purchase a bag of pea protein powder from Bulksupplements. Add a tablespoon maple syrup and a cup of soy milk per double serving of powder. Also add to chia seeds for a protein packed chia pudding. Add chocolate or strawberry syrup for flavor

@ticketwebsite Two tablespoons of peanut butter, one frozen overripe banana, ice, one cup soy milk. Super easy and should have all the protein you can reasonably absorb within an hour.

@dawn16 Why did you get downvoted? Is there something wrong with this? I cannot consume pea protein because of the horrrrible taste and I’d love a recommendation for a shake/smoothie that doesn’t has protein powder in it…

@trottie Lol I don’t even know. Personally, I find I don’t need protein powder, though I have a bag of Bob Mills soy protein just in case. I like simple basic ingredients like I listed above. Also, I think adding 15+ grams of protein to a smoothie that already has almost 20 grams of protein to be overkill and a waste of money. There’s a limit to how much you can even absorb in an hour.

@ticketwebsite I mix about 15 grams of pea protein with about 20 grams of hemp protein and about 25 grams of ground flaxseed. I add malic acid, and vitamin C and stevia, plus some other vitamins. It is not the tastiest but it is reasonably palatable and digests well.

@ticketwebsite I live in Europe, so I get them from Buxtrade (Germany). I used to get malic acid from HSN (Spain) supplements, but it cost a fortune to deliver to where I am. I recently found a supplier in Bulgaria (where I live) in for malic acid, called Trimart.

Edit: I checked your profile and it looks like you are from the US, sorry that I could not be of more help!

Back