Do you think your shoe size has a correlation with your ideal weight?

@socktastic Oh for God's sake. Only an overly critical mother would notice something like that.

Sadly, I can relate. I try to tune out those unhelpful comments, but it's hard!

@rotlex I'm also 5'2" and wear 9.5 and I have a similar build. I wore a size 4 at 140lbs. I think it does have something to do with our frame size. I have a bigger frame and am going to look like a skeleton at 120lbs, but someone with a tiny frame is going to look a lot bigger at the same weight.

@rotlex Well I cant answer your question for everyone but I gain/Lose about a shoe size with the ~15lbs I gained/lost during the last few years. So there might be some correlation

@rotlex 5'2" here with 9.5s. I'm currently 128, but have been as high as 225.

You'd think I'd have great balance with my huge feet and low center of gravity, but no, I trip over nothing.

My feet are pretty flat, though, which I guess means they'd be a smaller shoe size if I'd had normal arches?

I feel that my feet are disproportionately large relative to the rest of me, but no one has ever mentioned it, whether I've been overweight or not.

@rotlex My mums wears a UK size 3 or 4 and is 4'11"

My dad wore a UK size 13 and was over 6' in his prime

So I'm somewhere in the middle at 5'3" with UK size 7 feet!

I think it's mostly genetic really. My brother is the same height as me and only 1 shoe size up. We are both adults in our mid 30s

I want to get down to the ideal weight range for my height(currently sitting at around 185lbs). I don't really think about how I'll look proportionately when I get there but I have heard some people went down in shoe size after weight loss!

@rotlex I don't really believe there's such a thing as an ideal weight. I do think some people have naturally bigger and smaller frames, though, and whether shoe size correlates to that at all I have no idea. I'm sure you can have skinny little boned feet that are long asf though hahaha. Imo going based off weight alone is usually unhelpful but considering overall body fat percentage, waist to hip ratio, general sense of fitness, etc is more accurate and useful than picking a random number as a goal. Everyone's ideal weight is different and highly influenced by their own subjective opinions of fitness and beauty

@prudhvi I read the original post more like “natural set point”. Which I think some might refer to as the place where their body naturally feels like is it’s ideal weight. I might have read it wrong, but the theory would make some sense to me in those terms.

@rotlex So interesting! I'm 5'3, 120lbs, and a somewhat athletic build with size 8-8.5 feet. My asian friends think my feet are big for an asian lol

When compared to them, my feet are noticeably bigger. They are similar height but they are size 5-6.5. They have a very small and slim build.. so perhaps it is related!

@rotlex I think foot size tells you your natural body frame type. If you're short with big feet, you probably have a large frame and can support more muscle and weight on your body. If you have small feet (even for your height), then your body probably shouldn't carry extra weight. And if your feet are relative to your body size, then you probably are okay being where the bmi chart suggests.

I'm 5'3" with a size 8.5. I think I have a larger frame because I gain muscle easily and my body looks best in the 140s. Being 120 was my weight in elementary school, and my body isn't as strong when I'm lightweight. I choose to be a little heavier with more muscle than thinner with less.

This is just my guess though!

@rotlex I’m 5’1 and a size 8 in shoes and I am 14 lbs away from my GW of 125. I know there are people my height aiming to be 10-15 lbs lighter but I have a naturally curvier figure (I’m a 34G and have a booty) and I’m aiming to be more slim thick (and a little muscular) than thin!

@rotlex Every body is different! There is no ideal weight. Your ideal weight is only determined by you. Also there is no fighting genes and how you are built. Scale does not determine happiness.

@rotlex I got motivated to loss some weight after having feet pain/issues while snowboarding. I had tried everything - yoga, stretching, strength and mobility exercises, etc ... but nothing was helping.

I started thinking maybe the problem was too much mass for my small feet (shoe size 6.5-7). So loosing weight to see if my foot pain would go away was my main motivator. I lost 5-7 lbs by the end of the snow season and already noticed a huge improvement - no more runs where I would have to stop and fight back tears. I can't wait for this coming season to see how I feel after loosing 24+ lbs. SW 154lbs, CW 130lbs, Height: 5'3".

@rotlex I’m just a bit taller than you (5’3”) with the same shoe size (9.5-10). I’ve been within 10lbs of 125lbs my whole life.

I don’t think there’s a correlation. I think it’s genetic like any other characteristic. Some people have big noses. Some people have big feet.

Back