Do you think your shoe size has a correlation with your ideal weight?

@rotlex I have to say no, shoe size doesn't correlate to ideal weight. Case in point, I lost 100 lbs and went from a size 9.5 US to a size 8 shoe. Some of us just have bigger (and in somecases, fatter) feet.

@rotlex Nope. In 5’2 and have been heavy for most of my life (160s in college and 150s post college) and am now pretty average (~128-133). Have always had feet between size 7 and 7.5

@rotlex I feel like I remember hearing back in middle school that your foot is the same size as your forearm, and mine definitely is. Im a 6.5 size foot and Im 5’2. I have short limbs and torso, and I also have always naturally put on muscle very easily, even as a kid. I have to be very mindful of my weight and what I wear so I don’t look stumpy lol I prefer my weight at the lower end of what’s considered “healthy”

I know that there are other petites who are my height but have a “tall person’s body”, in that they have long/lean limbs and proportions. I have a friend who is only two inches taller than me but she reads as very tall because she has such long legs and arms. It’s crazy how I see her as “tall” but she’s actually not.

I don’t know if there’s such thing as an “ideal weight”, but the same weight definitely looks differently across different bodies, even when they’re the same height.

Back