Don’t be me and go 20+ years as a vegetarian before discovering …

@eloquentspeaker14 They are the ideal meat replacement texture for all Asian rice dishes like pineapple fried rice, sweet and sour, general tso, etc.

We also love them as a knock off KFC bowl with mashed potatoes, veggies, and gravy over it all.

They are incredible with a sweet BBQ sauce and then bake in the oven alongside your roasted vegetables. Then mix them all up and eat together in a bowl. Yum!

@eloquentspeaker14 I rehydrate mine in vegetable broth, then stir fry them with Frank’s hot sauce, garlic, and a little bit of olive oil. Great as a topping or component for all kinds of meals, but mostly it’s a vehicle for buffalo sauce lol.

@eloquentspeaker14 I'm lucky a local restaurant has two kinds of soy curls (buffalo and steak) and I add extra of them to other menu items.

Sounds like you need some vegan travel! I've always discovered things by trying them at restaurants. When I plan a trip, I map out vegan restaurants. Not just because I love food. But I end up seeing more of cities that way, seeing neighborhoods I wouldn't have otherwise discovered. It's been such a gift, really.

And I'm not sure how to mention this, but in my experience, vegetarian food is really boring. I mean this as sincerely and not as some sort of vegan superiority dynamic. Even among close friends and people I really care about, those who are vegetarian tend to eat stuff I wouldn't touch if it was vegan - a lot of restaurant food in which meat was removed but nothing was added. My friend's husband practically whined on a camping trip, "Why does she [me] have all the GOOD FOOD." 😅

Vegans are some of the best foodies I've encountered. We're gonna make a BBQ soy curl sandwich but also make it Thai inspired but also with pecan pie and ube ice cream on top somehow. 😂 Celebrate food, celebrate life.